0.6

The next morning i decided it would be a cool idea to surprise Ashley as she had done for me. I woke up at 9:30 and couldn't stop thinking about the day we'd had, i wanted to see her again, so i showered, dressed, and left. I didn't bother with makeup because i knew ash wouldn't care if i was wearing it or not, and i didn't feel like messing with it. I never really liked makeup. I always just threw shit on my face and hoped i looked alright, nothing fancy.

I was starting to learn the layout of the school, so getting to her dorm wasn't too difficult for me. When i got there, i knocked twice. The door swung open after only a few moments and the first thing i noticed was Luna sitting on her bed. I felt... Jealous? I didn't know how to explain the feeling, but my ears heated up and i wanted her to leave.

"Hey karma, what's up?" Ashley asked. Her tone was off. She sounded kind of distracted. I got the feeling i was interrupting something, but what could i have been interrupting?

"Oh i just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out, but i see Luna's here, so never mind," the air felt awkward. Luna was staring at me as if she was angry at my presence. What was this girl's problem with me?

"Oh.. I'm sorry. Maybe another time?" she asked, but it sounded insincere, like she just felt bad for me. Was this the same girl i'd hung out with yesterday? Because her attitude seemed to have turned around completely.

"I'm sorry for bothering you," i apologized. With those words Luna stood up and walked over, Ashley didn't even get to open her mouth before Luna was speaking.

"It's fine this time, but hey, maybe stop hanging out with my girlfriend behind my back? That would be pretty nice," her voice sounded so full of anger.

"Wait- your what?" i had no idea they were together... That explains Luna's random hatred for me. "I had no idea.. I'm sorry. I'll just go."

I felt guilty for nothing. Ashley and i weren't fucking, we were hanging out. Just friends. I couldn't figure out why I was so embarrassed either. Nothing was going on.

I heard my name being called from behind me. It was Ashley. I felt so full of shame that i just brushed it off and kept walking.

I was so full of so many emotions that i couldn't explain.

Embarrassment, jealousy, guilt, anger.

I didn't know why i was feeling these things, but I couldn't stop them.

I hadn't realized i'd fallen asleep until i heard a knock at my door, forcing me awake.

"Coming," my tired voice yelled out.

A yawn escaped my lips as I swung my door open, my eyes meeting with Ashley's.

"What do you want?" i asked, sounding more rude than intended.

"Look, I'm sorry about Luna earlier. She just gets really jealous and what she said was unfair-"

"I'm not annoyed with her."

"Oh, great."

"I'm annoyed with you."

"What? Why?"

"You never thought to tell me you two were dating?"

"I didn't realize it was any of your business."

"I just think it's something i should have known."

"Why does it matter so fucking much to you?"

"Because i fucking liked you, ash. I liked you and up until earlier i thought i had a chance and now i'm just finding out that you never felt the same. Look, can you just go back to your dorm?"

"Karma, i had no idea.. I'm sorry."

"Can you please just go back to your dorm?"

She sighed and turned around. I watched her as she walked away. I still don't know if time seemed to be passing slower or if she had dragged it out, but those few steps she was still in my sight took forever.

I shut my door, leaving against it and letting out a sigh. I can't believe i led myself on like that.