0.7

i know most people skip past author's notes, but there's a kind of important note at the bottom of you guys would please give it a look. thank you. ❤

i knew i couldn't skip class again, so i grew a pair and went to breakfast the next morning. i was too nauseous from thinking about the day ahead of me to eat. as i walked into the cafeteria, my hands were shaking. i scanned the room, and my eyes landed on a familiar face, Cileste.

Oh, my god, I'd forgotten about Cileste.

I took a seat next to her and gave her a quick greeting. As we were talking, i couldn't help but look for Ashley. She didn't seem to be around, but I shrugged it off and considered myself lucky.

First period was awkward, to say the least. Seeing Ashley across the room and not being able to talk to her set some sort of fire in my stomach. She kept shooting me dirty looks as if she thought i couldn't feel her eyes on me.

History class was the worst of all, though.

"All right, guys, you're going to start your new assignment on World War I today. I've arranged groups. When i call your name please get with your partner."

knowing my luck, it was no surprise what happened next.

"Ashley and Karma."

I stayed in my seat. I could feel Ashley's eyes on me, probably confused as to why i wasn't moving. i tried not to look over. when the teacher was done reading off names, i called her over.

"Ms. Johnson?"

"Yes, karma?"

"I'm sorry, but i can't work with Ashley. can you pair me with someone else? I'll even work by myself if i have to," it was desperate, but worth a shot.

"Karma, you're going to have to learn to work with people you don't like. I'm not changing the groups."

"You don't understand."

"I understand perfectly. go over there and work."

"No, I can't."

"either you work with ashley or you go to the dean's."

I stood up, grabbed my stuff, and walked out the door. It was a stupid decision, but i didn't want to bare the awkwardness with Ashley.

after my storming out, i realized i had no idea where the dean's office was.

i turned around and opened the door.

"Ms. Johnson, where's the dean's?"

"Room 772," she rolled her eyes.

"Can i help you?" a short, young lady sat at a desk in the middle of a room, on both sides of her was a dark brown door. One side, the left side to be particular, had a gold metal plate on it which said "Dean Frangipane." The other side had a plate that read "Dean Rodriguez."

Frangipane.

that sounded so familiar. Where had i heard that name before?

"Can i help you?" The young secretary repeated.

"I got sent out of Ms. Johnson's class. she told me to come here."

"Alright, have a seat right there," she pointed to one of the maroon chairs sitting against the wall, a chestnut brown end table between them, stacked with magazines. Why did this dean's office look like a doctor's office​ waiting room?

After a few minutes of waiting, the door to the left swung open.

A girl with so many piercings her face looked like a pin cushion walked out of the office and into the hallway. the dean looked at me.

"ah, a new face. fun. Come on in."

I followed him into his room, which oddly enough was bigger than the little waiting area i had just sat in.

he sat in a black office chair behind the desk and i took a seat in a maroon chair, matching the one i had just sat in.

"So why are you here..." he paused, obviously not knowing my name.

"Karma. Ms. Johnson sent me out of her class because I refused to work with a student."

"and which student is that?"

"Ashley Frangipane."

"As in my daughter?" he raised his brow.

That's where i'd heard the name. I suddenly recalled Ashley telling me her dad was one of the deans.

well, oops.

"i suppose so."

"And what's your problem with her?"

"We just don't get along." i spared him the story.

"Well, sometimes you have to work with people you don't get along with, Karma, that's life."

i sighed, "I can't work with her. nothing will get done. It wouldn't benefit my education."

"Well you're going to have to learn to compromise. you can work with her or you can get an F. Bare in mind, however, if your GPA drops below a 2.5 you're no longer welcome at this school."

"okay, fine." i rolled my eyes.

"good. now go back to class."

I threw my backpack over my shoulder and walked out. I made sure to keep the trip back to class a long one. the longer i could stall it the less time i had to spend in awkward company.

Just as i was about to open the door, the bell rang. I considered myself lucky and walked to my next class.

////////
ahhh I'm so excited to write these next few chapters. some shits going to go down and you're going to hate me for it but don't worry it'll all work out !!

anyways i want to explain why I've been so absent lately. I'm not trying to list excuses, i know that I'm at fault for this and i apologize, but i do feel i owe you guys and explanation.

okay so the last month I've had state testing and this month i have finals so Ive been buried in school work and that was time-consuming but also I've just been very unmotivated and inspired and have had a lack of creativity and i sincerely apologize for that. but now i have so many ideas for this book that I'm so pumped to write so i think I'll be updating a lot more often for now. thank you for taking the time to read, and i really hope you guys enjoy. ❤