Chapter Seventeen- A Change

Riley's POV

"Riley." Jake repeated once more, but this time, he began to get up and move out, from the bed he was still laying in.

Within all the years I've known Jake, I've never felt this way just because he said my name. My heart was thumping so hard, it felt as though it may jump right out of my chest. My cheeks grew a darker shade of red, and my ears were on fire.

I could tell that there was something different in the air, kind of like last night, except today, it's more intense. 

"Jake. I have to confess something." I said when he was merely a foot away from me.

"And what is that Riley?" He replied with a smile plastered to his face.

"Well... It's about what really happened last night... You told me that you loved me.. But before that happened, we had a new years-" With that I had been cut off by Jake pressing his lips against mine, but it wasn't like last night, when he had drank too much. No. Today, it all felt much more real, and this time, he'd remember this kiss. 

We pulled away, breathless. All I could think in that moment is 'Let this be real and not a dream!!!' Because if this were a dream, I'd be so.. I don't even know. 

"I do love you Riley." Jake said staring straight into my eyes. 

"I-I love you too Jake." I'm always stuttering around him lately!

"Well, then Riley Davis, will you be my girlfriend?" Did. Jake. Just. Ask. Me. To. Be. His. Girlfriend?!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe this moment finally came! When some people say new year, new life, they mean it quite literally I guess.. Just a few years ago I never would've thought we'd end up here, Jake asking me to be his girlfriend! It's kind of sad that I wish I had a best friend to freak out to about this, only to realize that my best friend is the one who asked me out..

Wait a second.. I should probably stop standing here like an idiot and answer him!!!

"Yes Jake, of course I'll be your girlfriend!!" with that, I gave him a huge hug, followed by another kiss..

"So.. do you want to maybe hang out tonight..?" Jake asked almost sounding shy!! It's really weird, he's never been nervous when asked if we can hang out!!

"Yah, that should be really fun." I replied to him with a huge smile on my face. 

"Ew. Why don't you two get a room!!" I hear Bradley say from the hallway.

I couldn't help but keep my goofy smile, but I turned around and just said "Brad.. Technically we did get a room, you just walked by it!" He basically ignored that.

"Well at least Jake finally grew the balls to ask you out!" Bradley said while running to his room before either me or Jake killed him, but the weird thing is, what he said just made me giggle a little, I was too happy thinking about the fact that officially, Jake and I were a couple now!

"Just ignore him Jake, he hasn't had the guts to ask out the girl he likes yet!" I tell me but he just gives me a questioning look. "What??"

"Have you been eavesdropping on your brother again??" 

"Well I had nothing better to do!!!" I say in response to what he said.

"Haha, okay." Then I saw he looked around and then said, "Wow.. Its already 4:30??"

"Well, yah, you were asleep for a while... You drank a lot last night. And also with the whole Annabelle and Ethan thing just before..."