Chapter Six- I Wasn't Expecting That..

Hey,

I hope you've been enjoying my story so far and that you will tell some of your friends about it :)

There are some swear words in this chapter, I thought I should say that in advance.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Happy Reading!!

-Jess

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jake's POV

I walked up to Riley and hugged her from behind then said, "What if I go down with you?" I was just playing with her, I was about to let her go down the stairs when she answered.

"Uh...Sure..." She stuttered. I was not expecting that answer...

With that, I sat down behind her and we went down the slide together.

"See? That wasn't so bad, now was it?" She just looked so cute and I know how much she hates slides so I can't believe she actually went down it.

We were still on the slide and out of no where, I kissed her cheek. She just looked so cute! I couldn't resist.

A smile grew on my face as I saw Riley's cheeks go red. Wait... They might be going red because she's really angry... No, that didn't really sound like Riley but the best thing for me to do is act like that didn't just happen.

"So, are we just gunna sit here all day? Cuz we only have a half hour until we have to go to the bowling alley and meet up with your friend."

"Um.. Ah..." She started but then took a pause and shook her head a bit and got up then continued, "I mean yeah, okay. Are you going to drive?"

"Sure, I have my keys I just need to walk home to get my car." I told her.

"Okay then lets go."

We were walking back in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence it was just a, well, silence. She seemed to be acting a bit weirder than usual. Was kissing her on the cheek a mistake? Did that one little kiss ruin our friendship?!

I'm such a retard! I could help myself though! I mean, she faced one of her many, many fears! And I helped her do that! But then I ruined everything by kissing her cheek.

I was so busy thinking that I hadn't realized Riley had come to a stop.

"Why'd you stop?"

Riley let out a little giggle before answering, "Um.. Because we're kinda at your house already." She giggled a bit again.

I looked up to see my two story house sitting in front of me.

"Oh, yeah." I let out a nervous cough before trying, but failing to cover up, "I knew that, it's just I was too busy thinking about... Um..." And of course being me, a stupid dumb ass, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind that wasn't Riley, "Puppies."

Riley started laughing now so I scolded at her but it didn't last long because her laugh was contagious so I started laughing.

"Okay, do you want to come into my house and get my wallet with me or stay out here and wait?"

"What? And waste a beautiful day like today?! I think not boy!" She said to me having one of her strange moments again.

"Okay, I'll be back in two minutes" Thankfully, I saw my mother's car wasn't here so I was safe from getting in trouble, well, for now...