Chapter Five- Maybe Slides Aren't Bad...

Hey turtles!!! Here's another chapter so, enjoy!

Happy Reading!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jake's POV

I always love these little moments that Riley and I have. One of us acts strange and the other goes along with them. That's how we are!

I walked out of Riley's room and went into the hall to call my mom.

*Ring*Ring*Ring*

After three rings my mom finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey ma, I was just calling to let you know that I am going out with some friends later to a bowling alley."

"Um... Okay..." she sounded weird... Definitely not like herself..

"Mom, are you okay?"

"Um.. Yeah I'm fine. Your father, sister and-" I cut her off right there.

"You mean the step-loser and his little monster?" I hated my step-dad and his daughter Hailey more than you will ever imagine but I think my mom likes them more than she likes me, her son.

"Jake Daniel Ross! Do not call them that! Richard and Hailey are your family." There's the mom I know. Always getting mad at me, but whenever Hailey does something they just say stuff like 'It's okay sweetie, we know you didn't mean it' or if they yell at her accidentally and then take her out for ice cream because they feel bad.

"They will never be my family." I said and then hung up on her.

She didn't even finish what she was going to say because she started talking about them. They ruined and are still ruining my life. They aren't even around and I'm probably going to get in trouble for calling them a loser and monster. It's not like I called them a step-ass and a little bitch or anything like that.

I looked at the time on my phone, then realized I still had a few hours before Riley and I had to go to the bowling alley. Hmmm... Maybe we should go out before..

I walked into Riley's room seeing her laying on her bed watching tv.

"Hey Ry?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna go out now to somewhere else while we're waiting?"

"Sure..." She answered giving me a look that's almost asking 'Where are we going?'

"Okay, then lets go." With that, we walked out of her room just in time to see the front door open.

Uh oh...

Riley's POV

We walked out of my room to find my mom and Jake's mom, Charlotte.

I could have sworn, I heard a little grunt of anger come from Jake. I look over at him, to see him trying to hide his anger. Towards what? I don't know... It might have been Hailey and Richards fault again...

"Hey mom." I said while walking down the stairs towards my mom and then I gave her a little hug.

"Hey sweetie." She replied to me.

"Hello Jake." I could tell that Charlotte was putting on her fake 'I'm happy to see you' voice. She gives me that voice all the time...

"C'mon Riley, we don't want to be late." Jake said to me taking my hand which made my stomach flutter even though it was probably just to get me to go with him and not question it.