Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

On Sunday, Ryder had showed me around the city with Lily and Alex.

I wasn't used to it being so hot and I could tell Lily wasn't either. Even with shorts and a t shirt on, we were absolutely dying in the heat.

If we were in our werewolf form, we'd probably just be dead from heatstroke already, due to our thick amount of fur. Ryder had told me about how wolves over here have thinner fur because they have to adapt to the heat. Luckily, we were in areas with air conditioning most of the time.

I remember watching Ryder smoke a cigarette while we were alone. Being a werewolf, I don't think the secondhand smoke affected my health too much but it did make me gag out of repulsion when he wasn't looking.

I had already told him my feelings and yet, he still does it. I guess people never change.

Right now, my mind was drifting to our day yesterday. Probably him smoking was the worst part of it. The rest turned out pretty well, I guess. Ryder and Alex showed Lily and I around the new school and we had some ice cream afterwards.

Sadly, Sunday's were the quickest to end in a weekend. Today was Monday, and as you all know, I hate Monday's.

Just like last Monday, I was in a jumble of nerves, laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and not wanting to go to school at all. At least I had Lily to go with me this time though.

I had gotten all my text books and my schedule yesterday. I had yet to meet my new teachers. I did meet the principal though and needless to say, he was impressed by my grades and was surprised that I was mated to Ryder. Ryder left the school with a big scowl on his face because of that and I tried to keep him calm.

I hear Cole meow at me.

"I don't wanna get up," I whine at him.

"Meow."

"No," I say more firmly. "What if people don't like me? What if they judge me?"

"Meow."

"Well I guess I should expect it. I'm mated to a really popular guy."

"Meow."

I blinked a couple of times before I got up abruptly. Cole had flinched in surprise when I let out a loud, complaining groan.

"Why does it take so long for Ryder to shower?!" I asked, glaring at the bathroom door. Geez, he got up at 5:30AM and it was 6 now! The sun was already rising!

Shaking my head, I get up and get out of bed. Making sure to grab the spare key on the desk, I make my way out of his room and down into an open bathroom. They had like five bathrooms in this 'house' and I'll just use the closest one to Ryder's room.

Getting inside, I brushed my teeth and washed my face while taking a shower. Multitasking when getting ready for school is a must-do for me.

After I finished washing up in fifteen minutes, I wrapped myself with a towel and walked back down to Ryder's room. As I came to his door, the door swung open when I was about to unlock it. Ryder stood there, all dressed up with his hair slightly wet.

His eyes raked up and down my body and he licked his lips.

"I was wondering where you went off to," He says to me, still not meeting my eye.

"Uh, yeah," I shift awkwardly under his gaze. "You were taking a long time."

"Mhm," He hums out. "I'll let you get dressed then. I'm gonna wait for you to get down and eat breakfast."