12

Edited

Isabel's POV ~

The rest of that week was spent planning an attack for Rick to come home. Jason couldn't really handle the whole pack that well and needed more betas but he was telling me he didn't really trust anyone else. Seeing as Kasey is a guard and his siblings have more to do in there time.

So i became the temporary beta! This was great because i became part of the pack overnight. Obviously i wasn't accepted into it i still had to finish the mating process for that but i was accepted enough to be beta. I felt the power radiating of me soon after and smiled at the thought of me being beta full time. How stupid would that be.

I helped Jason with his paperwork and he helped me with getting over that day. I smiled at him every time i saw him and he without fail smiled back. I must admit, i might be beginning to love him...

I thought a lot about how my brother, how i never felt his death, how he could still be alive. I haven't thought about it for so long now and i suppose i just accepted his death but now i had that flashback i just felt like i needed him and he needed me.

Jason decided to bring me along to one of the battle meetings with some of the worriers to get my mind of it all. We went into the meeting room and seated ourselves next to each other. People began to file in and i began to get nervous. After what happened in my previous pack this reminded me of the meetings there.

"Hello everyone and thanks for coming!" Jason started the meeting with.
"Hello." Everyone else replied in unison.
"Okay so this is my mate Isabel but you call her Luna Izzy for now." Jason continued. The words didn't really sink in till now.

"Wait what!?" I screamed and stood up.
"It's only respect Izzy, im the new alpha so you will have to be the Luna.." He sighed almost as if it was self explanatory!

Then it went black...

~~

Jason's POV ~

I placed Izzy onto my lap and wheeled her into the doctors. I knew she had fainted in shock but i couldn't afford to loose her, maybe i should have broke the news a little lower key? Uhh what was u thinking.

I had to wait outside as the doctor checked her over so i had a little time to think over some more battle plans. I planned out our way of getting in but the way out would be so much harder to plan. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and went onto google maps. I went above the pack territory for Izzy's old pack and tried to remember the guard router.

I then planned our way out with Ricky. I had no clue what state he would be in but i knew i had to be quick if i wanted him alive. I screen shotted the overview image and placed it into a photo editor, marking all the places where guards and the jails are. This would help a lot and i would print it of when i got home.

Soon i was called in and Izzy was sat on the bench looking at me with fear in her eyes.
"I can't be a luna Jason... I'm not ready..." she muttered weakly. For some reason anger surged threw my body. I needed to get my point across but i was trying to think how when i just let slip...

"Isabel! Don't you get it! I have suddenly become alpha to a pack i don't originate from. I have suddenly had to go to meetings i hate. I have suddenly had a load of paperwork dumped on me from random pack members i have never met. Maybe you should think of me! How might i be feeling! I was depressed till i met you and now your chucking it back at me like a ball. I have had enough! I need you to take responsibility as Luna just to help me with the amount of stuff on my back!" I screamed.

As the words left my mouth i realised i was out my chair. I looked around as i calmed down then staggered. My wolf wasn't in control and i was standing. What was going on?! I took small steps toward Izzy who was now in overwhelming tears. I cried with her as i sat next to her and embraced her in my arms.
"I'm so sorry..." I cried. The pressure had finally taken its toll on us both.

"You have done enough... Your perfect!" I reassured her as she cried into my chest.
"I-I thought you meant it..." She cried through the tears
"I did to for a second but then i realised, without you i would be nothing and would probably be dead from the pressure." I replied.

Then she finally said the three words i would have never thought she would ever say...
"I love you..." She cried.
"I love you too." I replied. And then we both comforted each other with a long, meaningful, kiss....