Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I have never regretted not listening to Haley's boy talks as much as I do now. This guy standing maybe a few inches away from me is smiling while I probably look like I'm having a panic attack.

"So what are you here for?" he asks, not noticing my inner turmoil right now. I'm completely inexperienced in every way when it comes to things like this.

Looking around, I notice that many other girls are looking over this way, or more specifically at him. Luckily, none of the girls were giving me nasty looks since all their attention is focused solely on him.

One thing that stands out about the girls is how different they all look from me. They all have soft features, pale skin, amazing hair, and expensive looking clothes. Compared to them, I look like I'm homeless.

"What's your name?" he asks, taking my attention away from the other girls.

I clear my throat to make sure that it doesn't accidentally crack. That'd be embarrassing. "Um...Nebraska," I answer, patting myself on the back mentally when it comes out clear.

He nods. "Nice name, it's unique," he says, tilting his head a little. I give him a confused look. What, no comment about how my name is a state?

One of the girls comes over and taps his shoulder, stealing his attention away from me. She looks like a Greek goddess, how is this fair? Since he's no longer paying attention to me, I take that as my chance to leave without being noticed.

What was I thinking? He just works there, it's his job to be polite to me. It doesn't mean anything that he keeps looking at me. He probably just did that so that I'll get tempted to buy something.

Speaking of which, I didn't even get the chance to buy anything from there!

I shake my head to try and clear my mind. Maybe my lack of a relationship is starting to get to me. I'm to end up being a lonely cat lady.

When I get back to where Jason is, I see him still playing with Adam while Lucas is looking around. Jason looks up when he sees me and walks up to me. "Braska, can I sleep with Adam tonight?" he asks.

And leave me alone to face my stalker? Hell no.

"I don't think that's a good idea," I tell him.

"Why not?" Lucas asks, putting down his phone. "Adam sleeps in the same room as me and I don't mind another body there. Plus my parents absolutely adore Jason so they won't mind." Thanks Lucas.

"I just don't-"

"No school tomorrow!" Jason blurts out, pointing at me. He then sticks out his bottom lip and tilts his head to the side. Oh please not this. "Please," he begs, blinking up at me.

I take a deep breath and think about it. If I let Jason go, that means I'll be alone in the house which might be when the creep makes a move and kidnaps me or kills me in my sleep. But if I don't let Jason go, then he'll most likely be disappointed and not talk to me for an entire day.

After a few moments, I decide to take the risk. "Okay," I reluctantly agree. Maybe if I stay on the phone with Haley the whole night he'll leave me alone. It's worth a shot.

Jason wraps his arms tightly around my legs. "Thank you!" he shouts, getting some looks from people passing by. He gives me his bag of clothes while keeping his bag of toys before following after Lucas and Adam. Lucas is holding Adam's hand with his right hand while holding onto Jason's with his other hand.

I thought Lucas might have a hard time dealing with two kids, but so far he looks fine.

I look at the bags on the floor and sigh. Two giant bags and five smaller ones. With my lack of any upper body strength, there's no way I'm going to be able to carry all these by myself. I groan when I realize that I also have to walk home.