Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: At the moment, I'm loving how all of you are letting me know of any mistakes I've made. How much you like Faerie and show it. Even if this is my first draft, you guys are helping me shape this story as it goes. So thank you so much x

As this book is nearing the end, I would love to know what actors (if any) you see as the characters, so that my second draft can be better. Anyhow, here is the next chapter :)

Chapter Twenty Eight

I stand in a room I don't recognise and I don't remember coming here. One minute I was on the ground, my throat had been slit I felt tired. Now I am here. Confused, I gaze at the people standing in a close knit circle in the centre. They all have pointed ears, they are tall and ethereal. I'm still in Faerie. There are quite a few women, hair long and braided all a different colour, they wear different colour dresses and are designed in medieval fashion. They are beautiful. There are men in the circle also, broad shouldered, masculine yet feminine as well. One pulls away, looking straight towards me but through me. He can't see me. Is this a dream? Knowing I was somewhat invisible to them. I walk closer. I glimpse of someone sitting on a stool inside the circle, a child, maybe? I couldn't see through the gowns of the women.

They were all chanting something I did not understand. They were speaking in tongues in hushed voices-their own language. I stood just outside the circle when they finished. I took a step back when they did and I could see into the middle of the circle. My heart slammed against my sternum at the sight. A child, a girl no older than five, sat on a stool, her long blonde hair cascading down her back. Eyes closed, she looked like she was sleeping sitting up. She was.

"How do we know if it would work?" A woman said and I gasped as my own mother stepped into the centre, she looked worried, frightened. She knelt down and hugged the girl to her. Tears sweeping down her flushed cheeks.

"We don't. All we can do is hope...Hope that she forgets about Faerie." Another young woman, the same age as my mother speaks up. Her hair was black as a raven, I couldn't see her face but I recognised her voice.

"You do have a safe place for her to hide?" The woman asks.

My mother nods. "I have a friend in the human world who can look after her."

I gulp at the sudden realisation of who the little girl was. She was me, or is me. I wanted to scream but a sob forces its way up my throat and I choke back a cry. My parents were so worried, I thought about the vision I had in Hobs Wicket. When my parents had begged Celia to take me in, I was just a baby then. I scanned the room, my father wasn't here. I wipe my tears on the back of my hand and watch as my mother picks my child self up, slowly she cradles the child to her as if protecting her from whatever would harm her.

"You better go. Take her away." The woman with raven hair says. My mother nods and leaves, her people following her out of the only door in the room, behind a rich tapestry. I recognised it from The Unseelie Court. The colours were more vibrant and I could pick out the different faces on it. 'This was before Faerie divided itself.' I thought as I ducked under it and into darkness.

Children's voices echoed through the darkness. I couldn't see as I walked further as if I was blind, the sounds of laughter, chatter and joyous screaming grew louder. Then suddenly I stepped through rich, green vines that hung from a sweeping willow tree. Ahead of me was a large courtyard, children running around chasing each other, others in groups playing games. To my right a tall stone building stood centre of attention, with its arched windows and gothic detail to the masonry. Ivy ran up and around it, it looked beautiful. The courtyard was stone covered and surround it was statues of Sidhes in various poses. I walked passed one with its hand stretched out, it was of a woman looking down into nothing. It reminded me of the statues of Mary in the churches back home. It must be a statue of Danu or some other Goddess. Trees, surrounded the space all in blossom and some even had fruit dangling off of the branches.