Chapter Twenty Five

A/N: I just want to thank everyone for the likes, comments and reads given. I would personally thank you, but there are so many of you that I don't have much time and I would prefer that time to write you all another chapter. Thanks for all your support. Please keep liking, commenting and reading :)

Chapter Twenty Five

Heaths of heather exploded into view as we came from out of the forest. The purple flowers banding around a large lake that mirrored the flowers, trees and surrounding landscape on its still surface. I held in a gasp at the beautiful scene, untouched by disease. All I wanted to do was roll around in the flowers, it looked like a very soft carpet as we waded through it to the lakes edge.

"This is Lake City." Mac murmured, resting his sword on a nearby rock

"Lake City?" I asked in surprise, I thought I recognised it.

Lake city was a well known lake in Wales but named Llyn Dinas. Mac nodded as we gazed out at the dark waters. It resided in Gwynedd, north Wales and was one of many mystery pools related to King Arthur. Apparently a gold throne sat at the bottom of one of the pools. I knew all this from my Archaeology and Anthology classes, we even took a trip up here to do some work. It looked exactly the same; even the boat house across the river seemed identical with the purple blossom trees in the background.

"This is one of many portals to the human world." Kieran said, eyeing the pool carefully as if looking for something. I looked at him as he spoke.

"When the moon is full and big and is reflected upon the still lake. You can step into the lake and find yourself there. It works on the other side too."

"Really? So if I was in the human world at Llyn Dinas and it happened to be a full moon and was casted in the lake. I could just step into it and end up here?"

"Exactly." Kieran replied.

I looked at the still, dark waters and couldn't help think that it was a perfect mirror. Was I looking at the human world, through the river? I couldn't tear my eyes away, I felt lured to just step into it. Suddenly, the mirror rippled, sending small waves out into the middle. I looked away, toward Mac who had thrown a stone.

"It can also influence you to do things you regret." Mac said, looking at me with a worried expression.

"He's right, so many have been influenced by this lake. Wars have been started here." Kieran added, turning his back to it.

I did the same and we sat in a semi circle upon the bank of the lake, wondering what we should all do, where to go and which direction to take.

"This place is safe to stay the night... I think we could all do with some rest." Kieran said, looking at Mac's grubby appearance and then casting a view back around the lake.

"There's an old boat house over there, maybe I could go and check them out." He added.

"Do you need some company?" I offered, watching him stand up. He looked down at me and then across to Mac.

"No. I should be alright. It looks deserted, but it won't do us any harm to check it out." He said, taking one last look at us before heading off.