Chapter Twenty Seven

The shape of the grey crystal was more like a water Lilly. We all stared at it, unsure of what to make of it. I swallowed hard, this was it or so I presume, this was the centre of Faerie

"We've made it." I choked out. My lips and throat dry as a desert.

"Are you sure?" Mac asked

I glanced at him. "This is where I ended up. Danu said to place the missing part onto the crystal." I said, looking at it I could just make out where the shard would have gone. However, I no longer had it the physical form. The essence of faerie was lurking through my veins, pumping around my heart. If I thought hard, I could feel it pulsating through me. I didn't know what do to.

"But, we don't have the crystal any more. " Kieran whispered, making a point.

"That's why she must die." A young female voice echoed, one that I did not recognise.

We all turned to the direction of the voice. Nothing was there, confused I scanned the rest of the clearing. I couldn't see anything. Then out of the corner of my eye a shadow emerged from the foliage, hidden by a long, dark cloak. It walked towards the centre, right in front of us. Mac and Kieran both went to their swords, their stance changing, ready to fight whoever it was.

"What do you mean?" Kieran glared. He had drawn his sword, eyes almost black.

"Don't you see prince Kieran? She was meant to die for us, for Faerie. Don't you remember?"

The voice smiled.

"Who are you?" Mac demanded, he come to stand in front of me, shielding me away.

The cloaked shadow giggled, like a young child. I caught a glimpse of silvery, long hair and then something stirred inside me, an almost knowing as if the voice was familiar to me.

"Oh Mac," The voice aired, it walked closer towards us.

I was hoping to see her face then. However, her hood was so deep and dark I couldn't.

"Stop. I demand who you are!" Kieran shouted. He raised the point of his blade towards the hood. The shadowy figure stopped and somehow drew its attention towards Kieran.

"You wouldn't dare." The female said softly.

"Wouldn't I?" Kieran growled, his knuckles whitening around the hilt.

The female figure seemed to slump as if in sigh. 'Very well." She said, raising her arms out of the cloak. Pale white skin, like snow reached up and yanked down the hood.

Both Kieran and Mac seemed to have staggered back by the invisible blow. Their eyes went wide with shock. I could hear Macs breath catch in his throat. I stared at the female. Her hair was silver and long, braided in places and held still by a dead, black flower. Her eyes were the same colour as mine, but much bigger and gleaming like two black onyx's. Her lips were red like a rose and her cheeks were flush against her smooth, flawless skin.

"Fia?" Kieran whispered

The girl smirked knowingly at Kieran who had gone even more pale than he was. Mac was just as stunned. The girl drank it all in before turning her hazel eyes towards me.