Chapter 15

Hey guys! Here is Chapter 15. I'm disappointed in myself because I didn't get to finish up this chapter the way I want it to end. I didn't get to talk about how her life changed. Well, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Please comment!! Happy Reading! :)

As we left the house and walked down the driveway, my mind was racing. I would never have guessed that my life had changed so much. A week ago I was lounging in my chair outside of my Malibu beach house and now I was holding hands with the boy I swore I’d never see again.

“Don’t you feel strange?” I asked.

“Not really,” he said as we waited for the walking signal. “Why?”

“I feel like I’m in a dream. I know we’ve been through this already but I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that you are here with me that you still love me and that I feel the same way. Not that my feelings have ever changed but I’ve kept them hidden for my own survival but if this were to be a dream I’d never want to wake up from it. Oh, Lord I’m talking way too much and now I’m going to shut up.” I said and at that point Taylor had stopped walking and we were facing each other.

He took both of my hands in his and tilted my head so I’d look up at him. “I love you. I love every part that makes you. Honestly, I never expected you to forgive me for what I did. Nevertheless that you’d actually take me back and for that I am so grateful because we’d never be here enjoying the bit of privacy that’s available.”

My heart was overwhelmed with love and if that boy kept talking that way he was going to cause us to be late again. I smiled and hugged him.

“Okay then, it’s not really a dream.” I said and he laughed as we returned back to walking.

We continued walking down the street for five more minutes and then I started to see some buildings. When we turned a corner, I saw the village. I understood why they named it that and it suited very well. Both sides of the streets were full of stores with sidewalks crowded with people walking.

On one side of the street you had a clothing store, candy store, restaurant, music store, pharmacy, and a bar. On the other side of the street you had the farmer’s market, another restaurant, a small movie theater, shoe store, pawn shop, bakery, butcher’s shop, and a book store. This place was amazing. It had everything that you’d probably need.

“What do you think?” Taylor asked as we started walking down the street. He had to walk behind me since the sidewalk was crowded and most people seemed to be in a hurry.

“I love it. It’s beautiful.” I said.

“This is only one part, there’s more for two more blocks.” He said and hugged me from behind.

As we passed a restaurant called Mimi’s Best, Taylor got a phone call. He looked at it and was debating whether to answer it. “It’s okay. I’ll wait here.” I said.

He kissed me quickly and said, “I’ll be right back.”

I relished the quick kiss. I know I was drooling like a little school girl but what else could I do. I was madly in love with that guy. He made me crazy and that fact that he came back meant something. As I walked a little further down the street, I saw the bar. I heard singing and I was instantly drawn in.

I loved places that had lived music. I remembered when Naomi had pushed me up onstage to sing to her. She wanted to encourage people to use the Karaoke machine and so she arranged for me to get ambushed. Unfortunately, Gio had been dragged with me. He wasn’t so bad but I was the one that stood out.

As I walked in, I saw a band playing. The song was catchy and there was a crowd of people dancing. I was surprised to see the bar crowded since it was the middle of the week. Didn’t people have things to do? I looked for an empty seat and there was one available in the bar. I went to it and just observed the crowd. The band wasn’t so bad. The lead singer was able to hit his notes right and pretty soon the song was over. As I stared there way, the lead singer looked over to me. I felt him perusing me and my body reacted to it. It was strange and I felt dirty.