Chapter 15

AmaraP.O.V.

"Lady Amara." A voice says.

I stopped my assault on the practice dummy in front of me and looked to the side. Fandral was walking towards me. I narrow my eyes at him, pointing my sword in his direction making him stop his approach.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"Thor had told me, my lady. He said that you would not mind if I went and addressed you by your real name."

"Well, I do mind. You will Address me as Guardian. And only that." I said.

I put my sword back in its hilt, pulling my hood down more. Fandral nods his head with a chuckle.

"Of course. Follow me...Amara."

I rolled my eyes at him but follow after as he walks out of the training room and down the hall.

"If you weren't one of Thor's closest companions, Fandral, you would be  decapatated by now." I said.

"Well consider me lucky."

"Where are we heading?" I asked, not knowing exactly where these halls led to.

"A gathering called by the prince himself. We must get there unseen."

Fandral threw a hood up over his head and turned a corner.

"A secret gathering, I'm guessing."

After walking down a very long hall we turned one more corner. A room was held down at the end. Fandral went in first and I cautiously trailed in behind him. The room was lit with candle light. It was enough to almost see everything. Fandral stopped by the table that was sat in the middle of the room.

Footsteps come from behind me, and Thor soon appears besides me.

"Amara, I am glad you're here." He says with a smile.

"Thor," I gave a court nod. My eyes dart from Fandral and back to him.

"What is this all about?" I ask.

"I shall explain once everyone is present. Please, sit."

I didn't. I preferred to stand, anyway. Always be ready just incase something was to happen. Thor shrugs, and sits himself at the head of the table. Slowly others started to file in. First Volstagg, then Sif shortly after. They both bowed in my presence.

Lastly, Hemdiall came out of the dark corner of the room. He bows towards me, hand in a fist as his right arm crosses his chest. I did the same.

"Guardian." His deep voice greeted in a friendly manner.

"Gatekeeper." I say.

Once everyone who was called was all here they sat down. I lean against the wall. Arms crossed over my chest. Thor cleared his throat.

"I would like to thank you all for agreeing to come a meet me here today, my friends. It's been a very long, harsh and painful day, with many great losses all over Asgard. The loss of the Queen What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death." Thor says.

So, he has a plan. I hum to myself. Sounds like fun already.

"Malekith knew the Aether was here. He can sense its power. If we do nothing, he will come for it again but this time, lay waste to all of Asgard. We must move Jane off-world."

I could've told him that from the start. No one in Asgard is safe as long as she's here.

"The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in the vault." Sif says.

She is right.

"There are other paths off Asgard. Ways known only to a few." Hemdiall said.

"One, actually." Thor said.

All eyes were shifted to Thor. Full of shock and disbelief. Thor eyes flicker towards me. I lower my head, arms lowering to my sides. Loki. Of course, he would be brought into.

"No." Volstagg said.

"He will betray you." Fandral says to Thor.

He speaks the truth.

"He will try."

He will try and succeed. My hands ball up to fist at my side.

"Guardian Salvatore?" Hemdiall said.

All eyes fell on me. I shook my head, before taking fast steps out of the room and back down the hall. I passed the first corner and I could already hear footsteps catching up with me.

"Amara! Amara--please stop!" Thor says.

I turn around on my heel so fast that Thor almost tumbles into me. He steps back, providing space between us.

"It's worse enough that I am Loki's Guardian, now you want to break him out of prison! Defying your father; our King! Committing treason!" I practically yelled.

"Please, just listen. The plan--"

"This is just horrible!" I say making Thor frown.

"Horrible? But you haven't even heard the rest of it, my plan was very thought out."

"No, Thor. It's horrible for me! One, I am assigned as Loki's Guardian. Which is the worst news ever! Two, I can't harm or kill him because we need him. Three, I could not kill him even though I really, really wanted too! Do you even know how upsetting that is for me?" I said.

"I understand. He's our only chance at helping us save all the realms."

No. I couldn't defy Odin. He was the King. And if we did succeeded then what? It's not like were all gonna get pats on the back. But free Loki to save all realms? Is it really worth it? I sighed.

"I am sorry Thor..."

"Amara, please. I would not have asked for your help if I did not need it."

That is true. I look at Thor was looking back at me with pleading eyes. Frigga would want me to help, even force me to do it if she had too. I'll do it. For her. For Asgard.

"Fine." I say through gritted teeth.

Thor smiles at me gratefully. I hope I'm not going to regret this. I roll my shoulders back.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.