Chapter 2

AmaraP.O.V.

After leaving I walked around the streets of Asgard for a while thinking. Why does Frigga care so much about Loki after all the horrible things he has done? He was a criminal, a murderer. I know that he is her son, but I just don't understand. What did she see that I didn't? I headed towards the training grounds near the palace and watched the warriors practice. It wasn't long before someone came next to me.

"I had a feeling you would be here." Trevor said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You left your morning training session, went to get some air. You were supposed to come back."

"I was just about to."

"Training was over 3 hours ago."

"Oh. Sorry I was lost in thought." I say. He looked towards me then back at the warriors.

"The Queen is looking for you. She wanted you to escort her and even come with her to Loki's trial."

"Good thing she did not find me because I would have said no."

"It was over an hour ago. Odin gave his sentence. He shall spend the rest of his life in a glass cell."

"Aw, I was looking forward to him being sentenced to death. I haven't been to a execution in ages." I say. Trevor chuckled before looking at me.

"You know you can talk to me Amara."

"I know." I said. I felt a buzz go through my head.

"I have to go, Frigga's calling. See you at our next session." I nod at him.

I walked away and went inside the palace. I went into the throne room and saw that Odin wasn't there but only Frigga. She saw me and I gave a bow.

"You called for me."

"Yes. I have a favor to ask you." she said.

"Okay. But before you say anything you know that if it has any thing to do with him I'll say no right?" I asked.

"I just want you to every once and a while check on him when I can not." She said. I sighed through my nose.

"Frigga-"

"As my guardian you will obey, Amara. I don't like to make you do things you don't want to do but please,for me." She said. I sighed.

"Fine." I say through clenched teeth. She smiled brightly and I felt as if I couldn't be angry anymore.

"Thank you dear. Are you going to the feast tonight?" she asked.

"No. I think I would rather spend the night alone instead of having Fandral trying to flirt with me every five seconds." I said. Frigga laughed and I couldn't help but laugh with her.

"It is not wrong that he fancy's you, Amara." she said.

"Fancy's me? Ha! He doesn't even know what I look like or knows my name." I said.

"Maybe it's time to change that? Follow me." she said.

I did as she asked as went down the very long hall and made it to my room. Frigga opened my closet and started going through my stuff.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Where did you put it? Where-here we go!"

She came out of my closet with a red and white dress. It had a hood on it that I could take off or leave on.

"No! Frigga I said I wasn't going."

"Sweetie not once have you ever went out any where, to parties, special events. Go, maybe you'll meet a nice man."

"Why do you always do this? I know you care and want me too have some sort of life from me being a guardian.Thanks Frigga for caring, but I'm a Guardian. We don't party. We don't socialize with others beside royal family,friends of the royals and trainers.We don't fall in love with people, we keep our emotions locked tight." I said.

"And we don't wear dresses." I add and she rolled her eyes.

"Your mother always wore dresses, when she didn't need to wear her regular outfit." she said pointing at my clothes.

I looked down at the floor. Frigga saw me and put the dresses on my bed. She came over and put her hand on my shoulder.

"It's alright dear, let it out." she said her voice soft. I looked up.

"I'm fine. People die all the time, my mother died with honor. There's no need to cry." I said.

"I know you and your mother weren't close, but she did truly love you Amara."

"Guardians aren't supposed to have emotions remember. Not even for their children." I said.

She nod her head and brought her hand back to her side. She went and got the dress off my bed and was going to put it back.

"Wait!"

She stopped and looked over at me. I walked over to her and grabbed the dress from her. I pulled down my hood and sighed.

"I guess one night out won't kill me." I say.

She sent me a smile which I returned. She pulled me in a hug and I froze but slowly hugged her back. She pulled away.

"Wash up and get dress. We've got to do your hair after." Frigga says pushing me into the bathroom.

"Yay..." I said before closing the door.