Chapter 11

AmaraP.O.V.

As I made it to the prison my wings disappeared. The first step I took I had a fist coming towards my face, which I ducked. I kicked them in the face and they fell down the steps. I took out my sword and started to fight. One of the prisoners tried to run at me and nock me over but I was to quick and he ended up banging into a still guarded cell.

Which I notice was Loki's.

And you know what he did? Turn the page of the book he was reading. Like he was unaware of everything happening around him. I rolled my eyes and went back to fighting. I noticed that Trevor joined the fight and moved right next to me.

"What are you doing here?! You should be with the Queen!" Trevor yelled.

"She sent me here to help! She pulled the 'As my guardian' thing on me!" I yelled back.

"Well, you should have disobeyed her!"

"Says the person who always says I can't disobey her!"

We finished our conversation and focused back to the task at hand. Few minutes still into the battle the ground above started to shake. Everyone stopped for a moment before starting again. The whole time my thoughts were on Frigga.

Suddenly everything was slow and I stopped feeling a numbing pain in my chest, and a hot burning one on my back. Trevor placed a hand on on my shoulder.

"Amara, are you okay?" he asked.

I looked up towards the nearest exit that was to the left.

"Frigga." I said.

I pushed past people as I ran towards the exit, and turned. I could here Trevor running after me. It wasn't long before I got the Frigga's room, the door wide open. I took three steps inside before I stopped. Frigga laid on the ground unmoving. Eyes closed. Odin held her in his arms. Thor was by the balcony and when his eyes landed on me I dropped into my knees.

Trevor was by my side in a instant, Kneeling next to me his hand on my shoulders. I put my head down. I was suppose to protect her.

Now she's dead.

I failed.