Chapter 10

"What? Your the guy my sister loves, if you give up your heart for her she'll be depressed!" Damien shouted. 

"Well she'll be depressed if she wakes up to her twin brother being dead! Besides you don't like me and her together anyway!" Colby shouted back. 

"She loves you! She wants to live her life with you! Yet here you are trying to kill yourself!" 

"Your doing the same! She grew up with you! You protected her!"

"I didn't! After our parents died I left her on her own! If I would have protected her Boldt wouldn't have brought her here! This is my fault! Let me do this!" 

Light tears were forming in Damien's eyes again. The room stayed silent as the tears won and piled down his face. My father embraced him and seemed to have tears of his own. Everyone looked to care about my love. Now if only Nathan-

"No, your both going to live, I'll give myself up. She loves the both of you more then her own life. Meanwhile she barely knew me and was scared of me half that time."

"Nathan you saved her, you can't die for her to! I'm her brother, I get to choose her path until she can herself! I'm doing this and you can't stop me!"

Nathan didn't speak again, he just stared at his shoes. Crossing Damien again wasn't on anyone's minds. Right now we just didn't know what to do. Three of us were offering to end our own lives just for her. I couldn't if I was going to make her the love of my life.

"That's quite enough. None of you are going to give yourselves up for this. My son will."

My head snapped to my dad with surprise. He couldn't take me away from Danna! I wouldn't allow it! If I died then she'd live on loving Colby! I've never been happy before and she changes that!

"Son for the good of the company, you must give your own life. I won't have you arguing with me over this. Head over to the operating room, we must begin right away before the boys start fighting over whose dying again."

I knew my dad was being serious. Everyone in the room seemed to be crying over Danna, except me. I'm the only one that didn't know her as a person. But I was the only one that could really love her. I didn't want my life to end right when it was becoming amazing. I'd let her have my heart though, just to show she really does have it.

I turned on my heels and went out the door. As I passed the different rooms I came up with a plan of my own. If she has my heart, that means she doesn't have to love Colby. If my heart was already broken from losing her she wouldn't give Colby a second glance. Colby wouldn't have my girl, he never would. She will always be mine.

____________

Colby's POV

I was relieved. I knew Damien wouldn't argue with Bruce after he sent his son off. Danna needed all four of us, and Joel was just a useless competition.  

Joel's surgery was meant to be in ten minutes exactly. Then a few hours after that, Danna would go in and come back out alive.

Her being gone has been killing me, I've never felt so terrible. But now that she was coming back I felt like I had a heart again. She was the reason for my being, I couldn't lose her.

I looked over to her body with a small smile playing at my lips. She always looked so beautiful, I couldn't wait to see her smile again. 

_____________

Joel's POV

"Any last words? We have to silence you in around two minutes."

I smiled as wide as I could and looked up at the Witness Protection doctor, "My last words aren't meant to be heard by anyone but Colby."