Chapter Two: Revised

Picture On The Side: Colby played by Alex Evans

**************

We sat in awkward silence as we all ate. I kept myself busy by shoving bits of my cheeseburger in my mouth, but this was just getting stupid! Damien and I were suppose to be on our own like we have been for a while. Making friends wasn't on our list, and we still needed to block out our past. Garren and Colby have to get bored of us at some point!

"Well why are you guys bothering to talk to us? Were not a charity case just because were new," My brother said with venom in his tone. He was better at blocking out people then I was, but he really didn't have to be this rude!

Their heads snapped up as they stopped chewing their food. Both of them gave my brother a cold look, "We know that, it's just you guys seemed like you needed someone," Everyone stared at Colby shocked that he spoke. His voice was so intriguing, and I wanted to hear it again. If only there was a non creeper way for that to happen.

"All we need is each-other, besides were distant for more then you think. Try to figure out why and I just might kill you," I could tell Damien was all business, he hated when anyone so much as looked at me. Mostly since anyone could figure something out about me if we weren't careful. As long as he was away we just might be okay.

 "Well Denim what do you have to say about all this?" That I'm surprised you can talk this long Colby...

"Denim only talks when were saying something together. He doesn't like speaking for himself," I only nodded. This really sucked, I couldn't talk to my Colby now. Well not my...oh you get the point! It was hard enough with the fact I rarely shut up. Not talking was like World War III for me.

"Didn't seem like it when he was telling you to get off his desk," My head snapped to Colby, he was listening? I could feel my heart beat raising just from the thought of him actually caring to hear me talk. Getting my hopes up wasn't a smart thing to do though.

"That's different, when he thinks no one is listening he talks alone."

Colby and Damien stared at each-other. I could tell there was allot of tension rising between them. Damien looked like he was ready to beat the crap out of Colby if he questioned him again. Colby just looked plain pissed off.  I stood up and grabbed my lunch tray before walking back to the school building.

'Let's go Damien' I thought to him.

'Arlight, just for you Danna. These guys are really getting under my skin though. If they try something again I won't be able to hold back my temper.'

'Fine, just come on.'

Damien tailed behind me as I walked off to dump my tray. He took mine for me and put both of ours up before we went back to the hallway. When we walked out Colby and Garren were standing there with their arms crossed. Can we really not go somewhere without being questioned? This is one of the main reasons I hated high school to begin with.

"Everyone has secrets, we get it. But if were gonna be friends your going to have to trust us," Garren said with narrowed eyes.

"Didn't you hear me before? We only need eachother. Let's go Denim," Damien moved forward with a frown, but that didn't stop Garren from getting even more mad. As I moved after my brother everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

Garren tackled Damien backwards with a hard force, but I somehow ended up hurt. I was flung back into the lockers from the impact of the boys. When I hit the cold metal I heard a sickening crack come from my body. I fell onto the floor trying not to cry out from the pain.

"Denim!" I looked over to see Colby running over to me. When he touched my arm the pain went away and I was left with a light headed and baised feeling. I guess this guy really could pass off as my angel or something. Colby's eyes lit up with wonder from the contact, mine probably reflecting it. Now I really have to be dreaming! 

"Don't touch him!" Damien growled as he smacked Colby's hand away and leaned down by me. I could have sworn Colby cussed my brother out under his breath but I shook it off as he walked back over to Garren with his fists clenched.

"Denim are you ok?" My brother asked in concern. As soon as he said it the pain came back and I let out a low hiss. Damien turned to Garren shaking in anger, "I'm going to kill you!" He lunged at him before I could do anything, and they were fighting all over again.

Colby took this as his chance and moved back to me careful not to touch me again, "Are you ok?" Just like before I felt the pain go away again, even though we weren't touching. I took this as my only chance to stop the fighting since I was calm enough to speak, "Yes, just make them stop!" Colby looked shocked that I actually spoke with him there but he nodded to me.

His head turned to them as he managed to stand up. Just like I thought it would, the pain returned and I started moaning from it. Colby looked back at me, lust clouding his eyes from the sound. I only rolled my eyes and pointed to Garren and Damien. He shook his head as he snapped out of it and pulled Garren away when he reached them.

"Denim doesn't want you guys fighting!" Colby yelled. 

"My brother didn't say anything! Like I said he doesn't talk unless it's with us speaking together!" Damien yelled back.

"Oh yeah? Then why did he?" 

"He didn't!"

Using the little strength I had I shouted back, "Enough! I did Damien!"  

My brother looked at me with pained eyes but nodded and came back to my side. I felt my head and found a huge knot forming on the back. When I moved to check my back something felt wet and cold, which I could only figure as blood. I groaned but motioned for my brother to check just in case I had been wrong.

His eyes grew wide and he carefully picked me up, "I'm taking him to the hospital, he's soaking in his own blood. Great job Garren," As he walked us out of the school I saw Garren fuming and Colby watching after me with worry. First day in high school and I'm already getting hurt, how am I going to make it through a year here?

When Damien placed me in his car, I started to take a interest in the tan roofing. "You know I can't go to the hospital," He nodded and pulled out the emergency Witness Protection card from my bag.  I nodded back and settled into the seat as he called the number. Why couldn't we just have a normal life? This was just getting frustrating.

******************

Colby's POV

 I was pacing my room about to head to school. It had been three days since I had seen Denim and I was going crazy from not touching him or seeing him. After thinking about it for a while I realized there was a chance I could be gay for him. He was the only person that clouded my thoughts. Please let him show up today! 

When I went downstairs I heard distant singing from the kitchen. As I entered I saw my mother cooking and dancing like the crazy spirit she's always been. Laughing quietly I went behind her, careful not to make a noise, and picked her up. Of course I managed to freak her out and get the reaction I wanted out of her.

"AHHH! OH! It's just you! Geez you scared me Colby! Are you trying to give your mother a heart attack?" I started to laugh louder before I hugged her gently and put her back down so she could continue with her cooking. 

"Hey mom, I kind of need to tell you something," I said as I played with my hair on my neck. Might as well let her know about her son now.

"Yes?" She gave me one of her amazing smiles and I had to return it. This was for the best, my mother would still love me, I was sure of it. On the other hand if she ended up hating me I didn't really have anywhere else to go...

"I think..no. I am...Gay." I stated slowly, hoping I made the right choice.

"Finally! I thought you'd never come out!" She shouted at me before placing her hands on my arms and smiling all over again. The only woman in the world that would be smiling about something like this and not even question it.

My jaw dropped in shock, "You knew?"

"Yes! I never took you as full but I knew you had to be at least bi!"

"Mom! Well I guess your right...right now I'm only gay for one guy." I smiled wider then before, just thinking of Denim. Everything about him was perfect and I've felt terrible these past few days since I knew that he was hurt.

"Whose the lucky guy?"

"One of the new kids, Denim."

"Sounds cute! You have to invite him over some time! I want to meet this boy!"

"Mom! I don't need you to scare him off! Don't give me that look woman!...Alright fine. Don't expect it to be soon though."

"As long as I see him I'm happy! Now get to school!" She pushed me to the door in a rush before giving me a final smile and shutting the door in my face. I gave a short laugh before turning back to my car and setting off for the school. Please be there Denim..

******************

Denim's POV

As we pulled up Damien gave me a questioning look, trying to ask if I was really ready to go back here already. I only rolled my eyes at him and hopped out before he could take us back home. Second day of high school, I hope it goes better. Could I really have a worse day then my first? Well there I go jixing myself.

When we walked inside I quickly told Damien to go ahead so I could get my missed work. He accepted with a slow nod before walking off to our English class. Right when I was about to go to get my Math papers I was pulled from behind and dragged into a room I thought to be the gym. Thank you so much life! Really making me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside!

As I turned I saw the faces of Garren and Colby. Go figure. What the heck would they both want me with though? There the reason I was even sent back to the Witness Protection place, but I guess I can't be too upset since I wanted to go back anyway. I crossed my arms and stared at them wishing I could be closer to Colby. Stupid crush on stupid Colby.

"Denim were going to ask a few questions, shake your head yes or no to answer since you don't like speaking," I only kept looking. What would they ask? My tracks were suppose to be covered so they couldn't no about him and the other bits and pieces of my old life.

"Would you say your straight?" Colby shot out. Slowly I shook my head yes, what the hell kind of question is that anyway? Are they just homophobics or something and think I'm gay? He stepped closer and touched my arm, the same weird feelings coming back. "Can you feel something weird between us?" Again, I slowly nodded.

Where were they getting at? Before I could ask I felt something even more amazing then Colby's touch, his lips. They were on mine fast and I found myself kissing back hungrily. The emotion was incredible. It was like kissing fireworks, heaven, and stars all rolled in one. Sure that was pretty cliche, but at least I'm kissing the guy I like so in your face!

As we got more into the kiss I wrapped my arms around his neck and opened to him when he tried to gain access to my mouth. When he tried to move closer I realized if this got any farther my secret would be given out and he'd know I really was a girl. I pushed him away as hard as I could and all the amazing feelings went away instantly. There was hurt in his eyes but he couldn't know, ever. My past was my past, and I couldn't afford to fall for someone.

I ran out of the room and smashed into something hard. "Watch where your going retard!" Why did I know this voice? When I stood I looked up I saw my worst nightmare coming true, he had found me. His eyes met my stare and I knew he recognized me. "Do I know you?" Again I ran, this time out of the school. This couldn't be happening. The progam said they were sure that he'd never find me, how did he end up in my school?

************************************************************************************

Song of the Chapter: You Make Me Feel So By Cobra Starship ft. Sabi 

Revising this chapter really sucked, pretty hard to make sense of this and still keep everything moving. Good thing I confirmed this as a short story or this really wouldn't be working out well. Still hoping to start another new story! Or I just might rewrite Fixing Eachother since I didn't like how that turned out...anyway! Adios! -Lie:3