Chapter Three: Revised

Picture On The Side: Damien Played By Nolan Funk

*************************

I didn't dare to stop, I pushed myself all the way home. My lungs were becoming sore while I made myself run faster then I ever had in my life. As I burst through my front door I couldn't hold my tears back anymore and let them fall. I pulled off my wig and let my long hair flow down as the warm liquid fell down my face while I sobbed quietly.

Running upstairs I couldn't help but wonder how he was in my school. I pulled off my harness and quickly washed off my make-up before it could run anymore. Quickly, I made my way back downstairs and went into the kitchen. After a second I found the knife I had been searching for. As I cut my wrist the door bell went off. 

Placing the knife on the counter, I went into the living room. When I opened the door I was shocked to find Colby standing there. He stared at me confused, as I looked down I saw the problem, I didn't change. "Who are you?" 

What do I say? "Danna," Stupid! You don't say your real name!

"Well um Danna, sorry to interrupt. I was wondering if Denim and Damien live here." 

"Denim and Damien Holt?"

"I don't know their last name, but there twins."

"Yea they live here, why?"

"Well Denim sort of ran off, and your sort of wearing his outfit so I'm pretty confused right now..."

I sighed and waved a hand for Colby to come inside. This was going to take allot of explaining. I've only been in high school barely more then a day and my secret's already out. As I moved back to make room for him I tripped and fell forward into his arms. All the feelings rushed up and I could tell he felt the same way as he gasped. Crap. 

"Sorry!" I quickly jumped back away from him. He looked dazed still as he tried to figure out what was happening, "Colby are you okay?" I slapped my hand over my mouth, he never told Danna his name. I'm so stupid!

"How did you-?"

"Danna get your Denim butt back to school!" Damien shouted as he rounded the corner. He froze right when he saw Colby standing with me. Well this day is just perfect!

"What?" Colby turned to me slowly, more confused then ever. 

I sighed and rubbed my hands against my forehead. "Come inside, I can't exactly hide my secret from you anymore after this."

"Danna no! He can't know!" Damien shouted at me.

"Damien go to school. I will scream bloody murder if you don't. Let me do this." 

He looked way past pissed but did as I said and went back to his car. As he pulled out I risked a glance at Colby. He still had that look on his face,  "What?" He repeated. I rolled my eyes and gestured for him to come in again. 

When he finally walked through the door I shut it quickly and sat on the couch, nodding to the arm chair. He lightly shook his head no and kept by the door. I sighed and put my head in my hands. 

"I'm Denim. Yes, I am a girl. I pose as a guy, but for good reasoning. Just let me explain," I looked up in time to see him nodding with a thoughtful look on his face, "This guy...I can't bring myself to say his name...ruined me."

"By ruined I mean came close to killing me over twenty times. Let's just say everyone in the hospital knew me," I saw Colby clench his jaw as I spoke, guess he didn't like people getting beat, "I couldn't leave him. My parents had died trying to murder me and my brother so this guy was all I had, since Damien was acting like a mute after that."

Colby moved to the couch and pulled me up causing the build of emotion for the third time today. "Denim, Danna, whoever you really are, I know I want to be with you. This feeling between us makes me feel better then I ever have felt in my life. I would never do what this guy did to you. Give me a chance to love you, because even though I've only known you for about a day and a half I'm falling pretty damn hard for you."

I was lost for words at what he said. Could he really love me after a day? Should I really give him a chance? It's true there was strong emotion between us, but I'm still damaged goods,  "You don't want a wreck as a girlfriend, and well, boyfriend." 

"Your not a wreck, your an amazing person and I'm glad I met you," He leaned into me and kissed me with so much passion, I almost fainted right there. When I pulled back I looked into his eyes and saw actual love, he meant it. Now who feels like Cinderella. Now I just need the fairy god mother along with some mice that love shouting 'Cinder-ellie Cinder-ellie!'

"Alright," He smiled and kissed me again, grabbing for my hands. He froze at my right wrist and I remembered I had just cut. How many secrets was he going to find out today? Telling him about my ex was bad enough to begin with! Colby looked down at my wrist with a frown.

"Why?" He whispered.

"I didn't finish my story. I was placed in the Witness Protection Program after all my near deaths, they had me pose as my brothers male twin. I just cut because I just saw him in the hallway after I ran from you. He recognized me but doesn't know it's me Danna. I'm just so scared right now Colby," I placed my head in the crook of his neck and wrapped my arms around his torso. 

He returned the gesture and moved his lips to my ear, "I'll always protect the girl...or guy..I love," After kissing my cheek he moved back and smiled at me. I returned it gladly and hugged him. "You know I told my mom about you, she wants you to come over. But I don't think you want her to know about the boy girl thing so.."

I giggled and started to pull him upstairs, "Then I'll change while you wait for me,"  When I reached my room I pushed Colby onto my computer chair and moved to my dresser. I grabbed my harness and decided against changing clothes. "Be right back!" Running into the bathroom I quickly did my make-up, pulled on my wig, and got my harness on nice and tight. 

When I went back to my room I found Colby staring at the screen saver on my lap-top. I moved over to him and put my hands on his shoulders as I stared at the picture of me and Estellise. She had been my best friend before I went through Witness Protection, always had my back. I sighed and pulled Colby out of the chair, "She was my best friend...let's go eat with your mom!"

He looked at me for the first time and smirked, "Are you sure your not a guy?" 

I slapped his shoulder, "Yes! Your not checking either!" Laughing together, we went downstairs. As we piled into his car I started to wonder about Colby's friends, and well, his life.

"Hey, who do you hang with besides Garren?" Might as well ask.

"Let's see. You, sadly your brother since he's around you, Nathan, and Boldt."

I stopped breathing and looked over to Colby, "Boldt?" 

"Yea, I was actually hoping you could meet him and Nathan tomorrow."

"Alright," Boldt. Colby was friends with him. 

I kept thinking about how they could possibly be friends the rest of the ride, forgetting about my other questions. When we pulled up I followed after Colby, still deep in thought. Right when he touched the handle to the door it was flung open to a middle aged woman with a huge smile. 

"My baby boy! I see you finally brought Denim over!" I was attacked with a hug from the woman I took as his mother. Laughing I decided to play nice and hug her back.

"Mom please don't start!"

"Right! Well you boys come inside! Dinners on the table!"

 I shuffled in awkwardly after Colby and followed him to the dining room, "Thank you miss," I said to his mother.

"Stop your making me feel like I need a nursing home! Call me Beata!"

"Alright...Beata. I love your name, haven't heard anything like it before."

She chuckled. "That's because I'm from Sweden darling!" 

My eyes lit up in wonder, "That's amazing, I haven't met anyone from there."

"Well now you have! Anyway, eat! I can't have starving boys in my house!"  

Dinner went by quickly and soon I was back in the car with Colby. We talked about his mom back and forth all the way to my house. When we pulled up a very angry Damien walked outside and ran to the passenger side to grab me.

He flung the door open, unbluckled my seat belt, and carried me inside leaving the door open for Colby, "Explain."

I told him everything that had happened with Colby and why I wasn't home when he got back. I could tell he was prepard to yell and I really wasn't in the mood for it. Colby had come inside and Damien let him stand in the door way, which was actually really nice in my brother's terms. Right when the arguing was about to start I held up my hand. 

"Colby's staying over, and were going to sleep. Goodnight Damien,"  I went to the door way to pull Colby up the stairs once more. This time when we made it to my room I pushed him on the bed, "You can sleep, I'm gonna go change."

I took a long shower and slipped on some shorts and a under shirt. Sleeping in Colby's arms...this was going to be the best night ever. I quietly made my way to the bed and slid in. Before I could face Colby his arms were around my waist holding me to him. It felt amazing to be pressed against him almost as much as having his lips on mine. Quickly, I realized he was only in his boxers and I giggled in my head.

"I'm glad you came Danna. I love you to much to explain," He whispered in my ear.

I shivered in delight and smiled, "I'm glad you came over today. Whether you believe it or not, I love you too." 

_____________________________________________________________
Song of the Chapter: Glad You Came by The Wanted

Haven't revised in a while! Gave up on really changing the plot line, this IS a short story so it's bound to move at a fast pace! I'm really only editing the chapters and trying to make them make more sense. Hopefully I'll actually get this done! -Lie:3