skeletal mental dental daydreams

summary:

when josh dies, he will cry and cut and dig josh's skeleton out of that shell until his bones are clean.

the one in which tyler is an overactive daydreamer and he really likes josh's skeleton.

words: 1,362

----------------------

tyler is clean.

every night, at exactly 9:30 pm, he stands at his bathroom sink, and washes his face and brushes his teeth thoroughly.

josh stands right next to him, smiling through a mouth full of mint toothpaste and racing him to finish brushing first.

when tyler wins, josh kisses him, short and sweet and minty.

tyler has the strangest imagination.

it is a land of hastily sewn daydreams and nightmares and a pleasant dream about soft grass and sunshine can turn into dead hands dragging him into the ground in a blink of a metaphorical eye.

he imagines a lot of different things.

he thinks about space, and cemeteries, and skeletons rattling their ribs as they creep down endless hallways, and the kitchen sink overflowing and the water flooding everything he owns.

tyler thinks the most about josh.

there are many manifestations of josh in that heavy head of his.

pink haired, blue haired, red haired, yellow haired, purple.

it's a whole other world, and it's as easy to slip into as a pair of well worn sweatpants.

and it's dangerous, too.

there are shadows in the corners that twitch when he turns around and strangers with empty eye sockets and rabbits with flowers for feet.

he hates the dentists office.

when he sits down in that blue chair, he slips into a florid coma, one that's heavy with perfume and cotton candy hair.

tyler may be clean, and his teeth may shine like a good deed against sins, but he is terrified of that empty space he sits in, when he stares into the light above him, mouth open, listening to the sounds of whirring machines.

tyler is in love with josh's skeleton.

he has learned to adore every single square inch of him, the pale freckled skin spread over his back and the softest, smooth skin of his eyelids, but josh's skeleton is what makes tyler cry in worship.

the steady stiffness in each of his fingers.

the way his skin stretches over his ribs, and you can trace the outline of each one and dip your finger into the concave of each one.

the deeply carved hipbones that tyler strokes his thumbs through under he falls asleep.

the curve of his spine when he bends over, each bone exposing itself.