if we were all chess pieces, i was the pawn and you were the queen

summary:

josh blows more smoke in his face. he fingers the gold cross around tyler's neck, eyes hooded.

he smiles.
"i could fucking destroy you."
he turns the blunt around with his free hand and nudges it between tyler's lips.

"but i don't think i'm going to. you're just too pretty, church boy."

or the one where tyler's supposed to be straight and josh has quite a reputation.

words: 1,174

------------------------

tyler's really fucking sick of being lonely.

he's fucking sick of sitting crosslegged on his bed, with the lights off and his laptop glowing as he sips expensive champagne, fingering the gold shining around his neck and listening to brendon and dallon giggle in the room next to him.

he's sick of sitting on the couch at every party and trying to act interested in the girls who come up to him with their lipstick smeared and their straps slipping off their shoulders.

he's fucking straight.

he's sure brendon and dallon are sick of it too.

they're probably tired of him following them around as they do shots and grind on each other on the dance floor as tyler sighs and sighs and sighs and scrolls through his phone.

they're probably also sick of whatever lies tyler keeps telling himself.

brendon has tried to get tyler to accept himself, but he fidgets with the cross around his neck and he snaps and screams that he's straight.

it's a late night one day, and brendon and tyler sit in a fairly empty bar.

a neon light flickers behind brendon's head, and it tints his hair green.

tyler locks his phone and sips his vodka and apple juice mixture.

"tyler, i need to talk to you."

he spins around in his chair, and he tries to kick the shrivelling mess of anxiety into the back of his head and down his spine.

he smiles to himself.

if the demons want to live up here, they have to pay rent.

brendon waves a hand in front of tyler's face.

he blinks. "yeah, sorry."

brendon rolls his eyes.

"you know how you won't listen to me about accepting yourself, right?"

tyler sighs, for the 5th time that night.

"yes brendon, we've been over this a thousand times-"

"hear me out."

tyler blinks again and takes another sip of his drink.