Chapter Twenty Two

"she's, she's what?!" I was so surprised. They look absolutely nothing alike! Wait... if Lily was in the Agency, Dean probably is too... meaning he is probably after me too... I took a deep breath, well that's a risk I'm going to have to take.

"Yeah, so what did you want to tal-" Dean was cut off, by the blare of a car horn. He then offered, "maybe we should move this conversation, elsewhere? I'll drive you back to your house, and we can talk on the drive?" sounds like an easy way to kill me...

"sure," I say. And.... That's a death sentence. But I have to. I hop in the passenger side, and clicked my seatbelt. He got in, and started driving.
So, where is your address? I tell him my address, not Nat's, just in case he wants to get her too. To my surprise, he started in the direction, of my house. Huh, maybe he actually won't kill me... what a relief.

"so," I start, "wait-where are we going?" as Dean turns onto a road I've never been on.

"oh, this isn't the way? Sorry, we are taking a detour, I guess." Dean, told me, probably lying. Okay, I've gotta get this over with quickly. I inhaled deeply.

"I know about the Agency. And I know you're in it." I told him. He was silent, for a moment. He took a side glance at me, and stepped on the pedal more. Before I could react, he hit a button, and I heard a click as the doors locked. Uh oh...

"wait, Dean, what are you doing!? Please slow down," he looked at me, again.

"no, you know too much." he said, and we swerved into a driveway. "and, I don't want to, and neither did Lily. But this is what happens, when people know too much." Then he reached over, and put both hands on my throat. And I started to choke. No! Please! I didn't say what I wanted to say! I felt my windpipe being crushed. I brought up my hands, to try and pry Dean's fingers from my throat.

"ach.....no.......bail...... out.......Lily..." I gasp, trying to get breaths in. I felt Dean's grip slacken, as my vision started to darken, before turning completely black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt a rush of freezing cold water splash on my face, and run down my chest.

"Adams!" I hear someone yell at me. I opened my eyes, and start to sit up. That's when I realized my head was at an awkward angle, and my neck hurt. Ow... I started to bring my hands up to rub it, and couldn't. They were restrained by rope. Wait- what?! I look down, and see my legs are bound together, and my wrists were tied to the arms of a chair.

"finally, I thought you'd never wake up." Dean said. He was sitting backwards on a chair, looking at me. Well, at least I'm not dead... oh wait.... Nat's gonna freak...

"I, need to text, my friend." I manage. It felt like my tongue was uselessly rolling around in my mouth.

"What, what did you do, to me?" I attempted to ask.

"oh, I drugged you, that way you were weaker, and couldn't fight me." he responded simply. "oh, and about your friend Nat, don't worry, she knows that you're just fine." Well isn't that great...

"so, right before you, uh, blacked out, you said something about Lily? And bailing her out? Yeah, you can finish that sentence now."

"oh, well I wanted, to talk, to you. My deal was, I wouldn't press charges, and, help bail out Lily, if, you gave my parents, their memories of me, back." I proposed. He looked at me hesitantly, and bit his bottom lip.

"No charges, at all?"

"none."

"well then, you might have struck yourself a deal."