Chapter One

I was just doing my job. I was working my night shift at the convenience store, 7-Eleven, and this guy walked in. He was a shorter guy, with curly, blonde hair. He looked about 15 or 16. He was wearing a blue and white, plaid, button-up shirt, with khaki shorts. To top off the look, he wore neon green, worn-down sneakers, as if they were a hand-me-down. He's harmless. He walked over to checkout a gatorade, a snickers bar, and a jug of milk.

"Hello Sir, welcome to 7-Eleven. Anything you have trouble finding?" I ask, casually.

"Nope," he answers, "I'm Nolan."

"Lily. Nice to meet you," I respond. I proceed to check out his milk, when another man walks in...With a ski mask on. Before I had time to react, he pulled out a gun and shot the milk jug just inches away from me. This one is definitely not harmless. I repeat, not harmless. The boy, now known as Nolan, pushed me to the floor and got on his hands and knees. He crawled around the counter, and whispered, "Sorry, I pushed you kinda hard. I just happen to know that gunshots can be fatal." Wow, he's making jokes now. 

"Trust me, I know." I responded. Then I pulled out the handgun I kept hidden under my shirt. You should have seen the look on his face.