Chapter Twelve

Nat walked over to Dylan and turned him to face her as she grabbed a handful of his shirt.

"listen, Giraffe-Neck, I don't care, how short Nolan is, you have no right, whatsoever, to be calling him anything of the sort!" she screamed at him as she pulled her fist back, for a punch in the face.

Luke reacted faster than anyone. Luke grabbed her elbow and pulled her away from Dylan. Luke started dragging her back to our table with angry protests from Nat the whole way.

"Luke! You are not my mother!"

"You're right, that would be weird."

I stood up and grabbed her other arm, (that was trying to pry Luke's fingers off her arm) and helped the tiny bit I could.

"Nat, it's fine. Don't worry about it." I try to reassure her.

"No, it's not Nolan! You are being bullied!" she hissed at me. She tried to get away with the arm that I was holding, but I practically put all 120 pounds I have into keeping it down. We sat her back down at the table and Luke said, "he isn't worth it, Nat."

"Dylan Jones isn't, but Nolan is. And something needs to be done about it." she said, a lot calmer.

"Nat, listen to me. He does not bother me. He doesn't bother me, because I won't let him. Don't let him bother you either. Because, if you go and punch him, than we'll be just as bad as he is." I say.

Nat huffed. "Alright. But if it happens again I'm gonna break his face."

The rest of my classes went by, Dylan-less. So that was okay. I got onto my bus, and was surprised to find, actually to not find any of my siblings on the bus. Well that's weird. Most of the seats were open, so I sat towards the middle. My stop is the fifth stop, so I had a while to wait.

I pulled out my homework and started working on it. I was on problem 12 when I heard somebody switch seats into the one behind me. I didn't pay much attention until this person whispered in my ear.

"I know where you and all your family live so make a scene and you will all be as good as dead," Lily whispered in my ear. I accidentally dropped my pencil when I froze in shock. This day just got a whole lot better...

I didn't know what to say next, so I bent down to retrieve my pencil, and realized that it rolled back. Oh shoot, I was borrowing that one from Sam... I sat back up and felt something poke me in the back of my head. At first, I thought it was a knife, so I froze. Then I realized it was the tip of Sam's pencil. I turned around and avoided her gaze as I took the pencil from her.

"Thanks," I mumble, barely audible.

"I'm here for one reason, and one reason only, and I want to make it quick." she said hurriedly, then added, "where is my knife?"

She caught me off guard. I whipped around and looked straight into her icy blue eyes. I momentarily forgot what I was doing, then quickly, red-faced, turned back around.

"I-wait what? Your knife? Don't you have more than one?" I asked, now puzzled, her unusual question only now catching up with my unusually slow brain.

"Yes, my knife Dimwit. Where is it?" she asked, sounding more annoyed by the second.

"I honestly have no idea." I say truthfully. She stood up and switched into the seat where I was. I immediately scooted over, smashing myself into my backpack. Okay, that's a little too close...

"I'm sure you'll find a way to remember soon enough." she said scooting in even more. Wow I can't even think... She is way too close... Did I put it somewhere? No... Is it still in the closet? Maybe... I feel like it isn't though... Where could it be though?

"I don't know, I don't know! It might be in the janitor's closet still! But I don't have it!" I say, at a complete mind blank.

"Then one of your friends have it." she said matter-of-factly.

"No they don't!" I said, getting annoyed now, "give me one reason for Luke, Nat, or me, to keep the knife you tried to murder me with." I say.

"It doesn't matter why. I just need it back!" she said irritated.

This argument lasted until my stop, where I didn't hesitate to throw my unorganized stuff in my backpack, hop over her (because she wouldn't move) and leave the bus in a hurry.

"Why would she think that I would keep the knife she tried to stab me with?" I voiced my thoughts aloud, walking the paved street by myself.

"I mean, that's crazy! And even if I did keep her stupid knife, she has a gun for crying out loud," I said irritated at her. That is so stupid! I started to turn the corner when somebody grabbed a large fistful of my hair.

"ow ow owwww" I complain as I get turned around.

"hey-hey-hey, stop," I say as she let's go.

"You know, I don't just wake up like this," I say as I readjust my curly blonde locks.

"It looks like it." she said annoyed. Pfht. Nu-uh.

"What do you want, Lily?" I ask, exasperated. Then add "and have you been following me the whole time?" I ask nervously, considering my house was around the corner.

"My knife," she said. Uugggghhh.

"For god's sake Lily, I don't have it! If I buy you a new- hey! My wallet, hand it over!" I said remembering she stole it. She pulled it out of her pocket and held one flap so it opened out, my goofy ID picture showing. Ewwww no close it. I thought back to the day...

Flashback

I was in the waiting room, waiting so I could get my ID.

"Adams, Nolan." I stood up, excited. I walked in and was asked a bunch of questions. Some of them, quite stupid.

"Name?" Didn't you literally just call me out here by my name?

"Nolan Jack Adams."

"Height?" embarrassed, I answered.

"4'11""

"Age?"

"Twelve"

"Birthday?"

"February 29th, 2000"

"Eye color?" Can't you just look up?

"Green," I answered.

"Gender?" I grit my teeth. Wow.

"Male."

"I'm going to take your picture now." he said suddenly.

"wait wha-" *Snap* He handed me my ID, where I had one corner of my upper lip up, my eyebrows raised, and my mouth open.

"Wait, can I retake that, I wasn't ready," I asked.

"Sorry kid, we have a line." he said, not looking sorry at all.

Flashback over

"Knife for wallet." she said.

"But I don't have it! Plus, what did I do to have my wallet taken away?" I asked with a groan.

"What did I do to have my knife taken away?" she asked.

"Tried to stab me with it!" I said irritated. To my surprise, she actually tossed my wallet to me. I started to walk away when...

"Oh and, nice ID picture."

A/N: Haha, IDs are fun. Who here has a bad picture? I do... I also just want to thank everyone who has stayed with us this far. It really means a lot to me. Also if you are enjoying this story, please remember to vote and comment!

QOTC: What is your favorite animal?