16

Why did she leave me?  Am I that horrible of a person? A tear ran down his cheek as touched Allison's face. He felt a terrible feeling of loss and abandonment, like he did back then. Did I do something wrong? Why did she run away from me like that today?  I hope she didn't hurt herself.

He slowly walked around the room, looking at the all the pics on the wall. I'm pathetic. A loser. How could I ever think that Allison would love me back? He was standing in front of his favorite picture of her. She was wearing her favorite yellow summer dress, her hair open, eyes lit up with joy and a grin on her face. He would never forget that day. They both were so happy that day, especially that day. He had found a job after a long time and Allison wanted to celebrate. They went on a road trip the next day, in his jeep. The sun shining bright and the wind in their hair. The memory brought a smile to his face.

So what if she doesn't remember our love right now? My little visit today is just the beginning. Little by little, I will remind her of our love. Don't worry my love, I will make you mine soon and put you out of this misery.

***

Arjun had carried Allison upstairs to his room and set her down on the bed when her eyes opened again. Arjun could see fear and shock in her eyes which was replaced by relief when she looked into his eyes. She hugged him suddenly and squeezed him tightly.

"A-a-arjun, thank god y-y-you're here! S-s-save me from him, save me from him! T-t-take me away, somewhere far a-a-away. PLEASE!" She exclaimed clinging onto him tightly. Arjun Hugged her back, just as tight.

"It's okay Allison, it's okay. I'm here now," he said gently. "We need to talk first, Allison. I need you tell me what exactly is going on. Who is this man you keep talking about?" He gently pulled her away and wiped the tears from her face. "Tell me Allison, what's going on?"

Allison looked into his eyes, feeling that she could trust him. She began telling him everything.