Chapter 7

"After mixing the batter well, place it in a cake tin and put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes. After that you will have a marvelous chocolate cake!" the host said. Allison followed the instructions on the TV and put her chocolate cake batter in the pre-heated oven. She sighed as she sat down at the table and changed the channel. It was an old TV and it barely had many channels, but Allison kept herself entertained. Arjun had done a lot for her and she couldn't think of asking more from him.  She smiled to herself thinking how happy Arjun would be when he came back and saw the cake she made for him.  Allison had almost forgotten about that call. She had decided not to think about it. He hadn't called again since she came to Arjun's house, which made her take a sigh of relief.  

Bzzzzzzz! That static noise made her jump. She calmed down and decided to turn it off. Allison went to check on her cake when she felt a cold breeze passing behind her. She ignored it, thinking it was just cold air coming from the window. Allison then remembered that she had closed all the windows because of the cold air. She froze right next to the oven. Her eyes widened in realization. It was HIM! That cold air slowly engulfed her getting colder and colder by the minute. Allison couldn't move. Her body was trembling and her chest filled with fear.  All of a sudden, the cold air stopped. As soon as her body went back to its normal temperature, she started moving her fingers. Her chest was still heavy. It was something she couldn't get rid of.

She slowly put her hand down on the kitchen counter and closed her eyes. "It's okay Allison, its ok. You're fine. Nothing happened to you. You're fine. He's not here." Just as she said that a cold hand went through her hair as if it was admiring it. She screamed and turned around. She was trembling out of control, her eyes searching the whole kitchen.

"Did you miss me?" someone whispered in her ear. She turned towards the direction of the noise, but found no one there. "My darling quit searching for me," said the voice again. This time the voice came from another direction. Allison covered her ears with her hands. She wanted him out of her head. After a few minutes, the voice was gone. When she removed her hands from her ears, everything was back to normal. Suddenly, she heard glass breaking outside. She cautiously went out to the front yard, making sure not to make any sound. When she got outside, she was horrified!

On the porch, in blood it was written,

I LOVE YOU ALLISON

It disgusted her. It made her angry and scared at the same time. Allison raced into the house and got out a mop and water. She started mopping the blood away, but it wouldn't go. She got a scrubber and started scrubbing it as hard as it could. It seemed as if the harder she scrubbed the darker it became. Allison wasn't going to give up. "Go away you sick bastard!" She kept shouting and scrubbing. Arjun pulled up and saw her scrubbing away.

 "What are you doing Allison?" He shouted as he ran up to her. She was shouting and scrubbing the porch like a lunatic. He forced her to stand up and looked into her eyes. Her eyes had so many emotions in them. The emotion that stood out the most was anger. Allison was hyper. He said, “What are you doing?" 

"DON'T YOU SEE THAT? ARE YOU BLIND? THAT STUPID BLOOD ON THE PORCH! I NEED TO SCRUB IT OFF!" Allison bursted. Arjun looked down at the floor, but couldn't find anything. She kept pointing at it. 

"What blood stain Allison? There is nothing there!" He told her. Allison looked down again. It was gone! She blinked not believing her eyes. 

"I-I swear! It was there! I tried so hard to scrub it away but it wasn't going away! Y-you believe me, r-right Arjun? Her eyes met Arjun's and she started explaining how it all happened. Arjun was listening to her, trying to make sense of everything she was saying. 

"Yes, yes I believe you Allison. I believe you. Now let’s go inside, I'll get you a glass of water." Arjun took her into the house. He hadn't noticed it before, but there was a strong burning smell coming from inside the house. "Is something burning?"  Allison composed herself and quickly got the burnt cake out of the oven. She put the cake on the counter, and felt bad that it burned. This was a bad sign.

He was back to get her!