Chapter 14

Arjun made his way back home, he thought about his conversation with Melissa. There's definitely something she is hiding. But what?

While walking down the empty road, he felt as if someone was following him. He turned around to find no one behind him. Arjun kept walking, still feeling followed and made his way back home. He walked a bit faster then he was before and kept his eyes and ears open. The sound he heard next confirmed his doubts. Footsteps. He's close by. Arjun quickened his pace, trying to escape his follower, when he took a turn off course into a dark and dirty alley.There he hid behind a garbage can. Two minutes later, he saw a shabby looking man standing at the mouth of the alley. The man was of average height, and had a lean figure. He was wearing old, worn, dirty clothes and his shoes, a pair of dirty white sneakers.  Though Arjun, couldn't see the man's face, he could understand that the man was frustrated for having lost him. After a bit of searching, the man finally left and Arjun escaped and rushed home. Allison, I hope you're ok.

-----

Allison was sitting at the dining table waiting for Arjun to return. Her mind drifted back to what had happened between the two of them and she found herself wishing to be like that with him again. What will it be like to kiss him? She wondered. She quickly dismissed the thought, and yet she imagined herself in his arms. His big and warm arms, making her feel loved and safe. Making her feel the things she used to feel with Mark...

Someone knocked on the door, snapping Allison out of her thoughts. She opened the door, expecting to see Arjun, but instead found no one there.