Chapter 2

Allison sat on her bed, thinking about what she did.

HA! I got you loser! Now you can’t do anything! I win! I win!

She stood up and started dancing. It was her happy dance and she felt really happy. “If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands!” She started clapping her hands. “If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands! If you’re happy and you know it….”

Arjun could hear everything from outside. She was singing so loudly. He looked through the small window on the door and saw her dancing, with no care in the world. He smiled as he saw her waltz with an imaginary person. He couldn’t help but think about how cute she was. Her black curly hair bounced as she jumped up and down in joy. Her smile was to die for. There was happiness sparkling in her eyes and her ears were so delicate. Arjun suddenly wanted to go in there and dance with her. He wanted to be free like her. He opened the door and entered the room. He leaned back on to the wall and watched.

Allison really felt free. She felt like the queen of the world. No one could bother her now, she was free! She kept dancing and dancing until her feet couldn’t take anymore. She heard the door open and saw someone enter her room and lean back on to the wall.

She inched forward, trying to figure out who it was. Her vision was blurry and she couldn’t see him properly. As she got closer the person became taller with a muscular body. His hair spiked up and a rectangular face. She couldn’t make out who it was. Then she realized who he was as stood up and watched her come closer.

“MARK!”She hollered. Allison laughed as she hugged him. Arjun was taken aback. He did not expect that. Who is this Mark? He thought. He could feel her snuggle into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and put his head on top of hers. He closed his eyes as Allison squeezed him tighter. Allison didn’t want to move. She missed having him in her arms, having rest his head on top of hers, hugging her back with so much love. Then the image of him, shoving his tongue down some slut’s throat popped up in front of her eyes. Allison opened her eyes and pushed Arjun back. Arjun wasn’t expecting that either. He tried to look into her eyes, but she wouldn’t look him into his eyes.  She kept looking down started playing with the hem of her shirt. She looked up at him with hatred and fury. “How dare you? You just can’t enter my life again!”

“I…uh…”Arjun didn’t know what to say. He was surprised and shocked at the same time. Allison pushed him hard on the chest, but Arjun didn’t move. She pushed him harder and started hitting his chest. The anger boiling inside her had taken over. She was so mad that she could kill anyone with her bare hands. Arjun grabbed her hands before she could strike him again. “I’m not Mark!” he shouted. Allison stopped and examined him. He was much taller than Mark, and he had a light beard, unlike Mark.  She was flabbergasted! Who is he?

“Who are you?”Allison asked suspiciously. Did Mark send him? That stupid Mark!

“I’m Arjun. I’m one of the guards. I overheard you and…”Arjun drifted off. Allison stood there with one eyebrow raised.

“Oh really, well now you saw me. Now get out!”Allison replied. Arjun said nothing and exited the room. Allison sat down and the floor and thought about what just happened. She wanted to laugh, laugh to her heart’s desire. And that’s exactly what she did.

Arjun took a deep breath as he got out of her room. What just happened? Who is Mark? How did she end up here? He thought. All the answers to his questions were with Allison, but will she tell him her past? He thought. Arjun knew only one person who would help him. Dr Iyer. He went through the maze of hallways until he found Dr Iyer’s room. Ever since he joined, Dr Tanya Iyer was the first sane person he met. This asylum was 15 years, and she was there from the beginning. All the files, all the information about the patients were with her. Dr Iyer was busy going through an old patient’s file when Arjun walked through the door.