Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Her eyes fluttered open. Where am I?  She thought. She looked around to see where she was. It looked like a hospital room. There was a throbbing pain in her head. When she touched her head she felt a bandage wrapped on the bruise. She was in the clothes she was in last. The clothes she was in when the call came. Just thinking about the call made her want to rip her hair out. How did I get here?  Just then a nurse came into the room with a clipboard. The nurse looked from the clipboard and smiled at her.

“How are you feeling now Allison? Allison looked at her with confusion.

“How did I get here?”

“Your boyfriend brought you here,” The nurse said.

“Who?” Allison asked. I don’t have a boyfriend. Not after what Mark did.

“Your boyfriend. He’s waiting outside. Would you like to meet him?” The nurse asked kindly. She felt bad for Allison. The poor girl had gone through a major shock. She was lucky that her boyfriend found her lying in her kitchen floor; otherwise she would have bled to death. Allison just nodded and the nurse sent her boyfriend in.

Allison’s eyes widen as she saw the guy come in. He was a tall guy about 6’6 with dark hair and piercing black eyes. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a t-shirt which said: Hello Honey Bunny.  

“Did you miss me?”  Mark said as he sat down on the bed next to her. Allison looked at him in disbelief. After everything that happened he still came to meet her.

“What are you doing here?”She said angrily.

“Why, can’t I meet my girlfriend?”Mark laughed as he said this. Allison wanted to grab his voice box and feed it to the dogs. She felt nothing for him anymore. He took her heart and ripped it up into a billion tiny pieces. He made feel so useless, so unworthy. He made her feel like a piece of shit.

“We were over three months ago Mark. What are you doing here?”She exclaimed. Allison was so close to punching him in the face. Mark tried to put a strand of her hair behind her ear but smacked him before he could. There was fury in his eyes. He grabbed a handful of her hair and forced her to look up. The pain in her head doubled when he did this. She winced in the pain.

“I know you still love me. You can’t live a day without me. I couldn’t see you suffer like that so I came to your house to give you one more chance. I saw the front door opened and I came inside.  I called you but you didn’t answer. I went to your kitchen and found you lying on the floor with your head cut. I brought you to the hospital. You would’ve died if I didn’t bring you here,” he went close to her ear and whispered, “I think I should get a thank you not an insult.” Allison snorted.

“I CAN live without you. I don’t need you! And if you want a thank you then try and earn it! You’re a monster!” Mark let go of her hair and slapped her. She looked at him with hatred in her eyes. Mark got up and left the room. When he left, she cried.  This is all because of that stupid call….

---

After a few hours, a nurse came into the room and handed her a basket full of chocolates and a bouquet of flowers. They were a bouquet of colorful tulips, Allison’s favorite. She smiled as she saw the flowers.

Jake must’ve sent these. He knows how much I love these!

 Inside there was a card. The card said:

Get well soon, my love…

My love? Jake doesn’t call me my love. Who sent this?