Chapter 5: Please Don't Let Them Look Through The Curtains

Chapter Title Credit: Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez

...

Third Person P.O.V

Neither of them spoke a word as they made their way to Gerard's house; The only form of communication being the bottle of vodka being passed between them.

Gerard's heart sank as he downed the last swig from the bottle and he tossed it into his neighbor's trash before walking up the front steps of his house.

Gerard stopped on the front porch in front of Frank, tearing him from his gaze that was directed at the ground, "You might want to wait out here for a minute. My mom's going to be pissed at me." Gerard said lowly gesturing for Frank to sit in the chair.

He ran a hand through his red hair, Frank looked at it like he'd just noticed- and maybe he did.

It had been dark.

Actually now in the porch light Frank got his first real look at Gerard Way.

Wow.

Frank nodded and sat down in one of the two chairs on the porch.

"Promise me you won't go anywhere?" Gerard presses, hesitant on leaving the boy alone.

Frank huffed but smiled a little, "Promise."

Gerard slowly nodded before turning back to the door, inhaling before grabbing the doorknob and stepping into the house.

The door had shut with a small, but reassuring click when the fire was set ablaze across his cheek. The force sent him stumbling backwards into the wall.

Gerard looked up clutching his cheek and was met with the gaze of his furious mother.

"Don't you ever walk away from me! You've ruined this family you ungrateful fucking brat! You don't talk for three years and the first thing out of your mouth is 'I don't talk because nobody listens'! That is complete bullshit Gerard!" she yelled, arms flailing as she got closer and closer.

"You ruined this family." Gerard snapped.

That anger quickly changed into fear.

She raised her fist and was about to punch when Mikey appeared at the bottom of the stairs shouting, "Mom, what the hell?!"

Gerard leaned heavily against the wall, tears spilling from his eyes; inches away from his face was their mom's clenched fist.

Her eyes widened, "Oh God... I'm so sorry," she whispered, dropping her fist.

Gerard was shaking and he flinched away when his mom raised her hand to touch the red mark on his cheek.

"I hate you, you fucking bitch."

Just then, the door slowly creaked open and all three Ways turned their attention to Frank standing in the doorway.

Donna's eyes widened and her jaw dropped at the sight of a really nervous looking Frank.

But he didn't even look at her; Frank locked eyes with Gerard, "Are you okay?"

Gerard broke the eye contact, because no.

He shot a disgusted glare at his mom.

"I'm fine," But his voice cracked and the tears were blurring his vision.
He fled from the room and down the ominous basement stairs.

There was an awkward silence after Gerard ran off- leaving Frank, Mikey, and their mother alone.  

She slapped him, Frank's mind was like a broken record; replaying all the times the action was done to him.

Nurse Way was just like his father.