2.

"We're kinda like Sharkboy and Lavagirl"
"What in the hell brought that up?"
"Well just think about I'm sharkboy because I actually get into the water at the beach and you're lavagirl because you won't get in it plus you have a really bad temper."
Throwing my book at him, I rested my back against the wall.
"Ow. Okay bad analogy."
He flips through my book and picks a random page to start reading.
"'She leapt into his arms crying as he stroked her honey brown hair whispering how he loved her.' What a load of shit. Why do you read this?"
"Because love is interesting." He snorted and slid the book towards me. "It is! How girls can just trust someone so easily and blurt out the word without even knowing him for more than 2 days is pathetically interesting!"
He rolled his eyes. The sound of a phone comes from his pocket and he pulls it out, sliding to accept the call.
"Hey Ben. Wait what? I can't understand you. What happened to mum? Okay, I'll be there soon."
We stood up and he grabbed his jacket from the sofa.
"What happened?"
"Mum's being rushed to the hospital, allergic reaction or something. I'll see you later, yeah?"
His eyes looked at me almost as a plea.
"Yeah, see you later."
He gave a small smile and shut the door behind him.