A Committed Murder

Back in the Suburban...

Chris didn't have a plan, so they both thought about making one up until they slumped against each other in deep dreams of freedom. Miranda dreamed of being at home with her parents, eating one of her dad's famous breakfast sandwiches loaded with eggs bacon and hash browns. They were talking about Miranda's school play that was coming up, when her Dad started to morph into John and her mom began to morph into Kurt, and they started laughing like madmen and chasing after her.

Miranda woke up screaming at the top of her lungs with cold sweat running down her back. "Help!" she yelled once before she realized she was in the car with the kidnappers she had dreamed about. Chris was startled awake next to her. John was driving, and while hearing the scream he swerved the car through three lanes, narrowly missing two cars who angrily honked their horns at him. Kurt, who was in the passenger seat, turned around and did throw that can of soup at her, and he had good enough aim to hit her square in the forehead, and knock her out.

Miranda woke up half an hour later with her head on Chris' lap. She groaned, "Ugh... what the heck happened...?" She finally opened her eyes to see red and blue lights flashing from behind Chris' head. She gasped, the cops?! The cops had found them! They were going to get free! When she sat up and looked out the back window, she saw a middle aged blond woman walking towards John's window. He cursed under his breath, he knew that running from her would look suspicious. But oh, he was gonna get that girl later...

Chris leaned over to Miranda and whispered, "I think one of the guys who we swerved in front of called the cops and gave them the licence plate number." Miranda thought about it, and then started looking around, when she got the idea. John and Kurt were whispering to each other ferociously in the front, occasionally glancing back at them. She leaned over and whispered into Chris' ear. "Just show her your hands!" They were still tied together, and frankly, too tight. But as soon as Chris showed any sign of the plan on his face, Kurt took out the gun that he had been sitting on.

He pointed it at Chris and said "Do any funny business, and your dead after she's gone." That shut up Chris, but Miranda still had her idea spinning wheels in her head. Where else would she have gotten the huge bruise on her forehead that still hurt? She would point it all out silently when - John rolled down his window, and Kurt gave him the gun. The cop looked in and around the car, surprised to see two teens tied up in the back, two adult men in the front, and one holding a gun to her face.

~~~~~

Officer Marty McHall had had a mostly good life. She grew up in a big house with a happy family. At school she had lots of friends, and when it came to high school, she dated the nice guys, and eventually found the one that was right for her. On their honeymoon she got pregnant and had her only child, happy and healthy nine months later. She learned she wanted to be a cop back when she was a little kid, and saw a house down the street get robbed, and she was the only one around to see it. Telling the police and watching them on the news catch the guy made her feel pretty good, and she wanted to help the community more, so she became a cop.

She was assigned to watching the highways, and when she got the call for this case on her radio, she knew it would be life changing, she just didn't know how. It gave her a chill down her spine when she started out of her 'authorized vehicles only' dirt spot on the side of the highway. Finding the car didn't take as long as it usually did in these cases, mainly because it was going 10 miles over the speeding limit. Once she knew she had the license plate number right, she turned on her lights.

Walking up to the car was normal, no odd dents or scrapes on the sides or back, but when the driver opened the window, she knew she was in trouble. A small black hand gun was being held to her nose, and she quickly put her hand to her side to reach for her taser. "No you don't!" the man said and quickly opened the door to hit the cop in the shoulder and off her balance since both her hands were at her side. The man quickly got out of the car and held the gun to Officer McHall's head. "Get up, and no one gets shot." he said sounding confident.

The cop slowly got up with her hands up, "Don't shoot, you'll regret it. Do you wanna go to jail for this?" she said realizing her taser had fallen out of her pocket and was on the ground. Miranda was pressed hard against the window looking out, Chris right behind her. The cop then realized they were watching, and was scared for them to see what would happen to her. She had to be brave, for them. Then Kurt yelled, "Come on! Shoot her or let's take her! A car's coming!"

John, in that split second, had to make a decision. Kill someone, or add her to his burden. And he did only have that one second, because it was strangely quiet on that highway for the few moments he had been pulled over, and had held that officer captive. And as soon as he had made up his decision, a life flashed in front of a middle aged blond cop's eyes, a life was stolen from this earth, an angel was pronounced in heaven, three people witnessed a murder, and one person committed it.

Comment, Fan, Vote! Help make this story go on!