The Kidnapping of Miranda

Ah.... taking a hot shower was the best thing in the world. While washing out her hair, Miranda was thinking about how to write her story for creative writing class. It was supposed to be a thriller, something dreadfully scary. It was tough for Miranda because she was used to making funny, loving, fantasy stories. She could hear her little sisters in the other room giggling. They were most likely playing Littlest Pet Shop or something stupid.

Bridget was 8 years old and Jenny was 6. They were best friends and always played together. Miranda wondered if she could write a story about them getting kidnapped, but then shuddered at the thought. They were too innocent. Suddenly, the light turned off in the bathroom. "Hey!" she yelled thinking that one of them thought it would be funny, but she heard nothing in response.

Suddenly she thought this could be part of her story. Then she turned to the faucet. She could say blood started coming out of the faucet, and cockroaches started crawling out from the drain. Then a hand would reach in and grab her! Miranda started getting horrible ideas when she turned the hot water off and got out into her warm towel.

She looked out into the hallway. "Hey guys!" she said, "That wasn't funny, I could've slipped and hit my head and died or something." But no giggle returned to her. Only silence. 'That's odd,' she thought, turned on the bathroom light, and moved into the hallway. She looked around, but there weren't any little girls in sight. It was late on a Friday night, maybe they went to bed. Miranda doubted it. Her parents weren't home, they were out on their anniversary dinner, and she was babysitting alone.

She shrugged and went into her room, changed into her T-shirt and long pajama bottoms, and went back to the bathroom to brush her hair out. Then, out of nowhere, a hand flew out of the shadows and grabbed her. She struggled as it wrapped around her mouth and muffled her scream. The other hand grabbed her neck and pushed her up against the wall. "Shut up," a gruff voice told her, "Or I kill them." The man took out a gun and pointed it to a sack at the end of the hallway that was undoubtedly holding her two little sisters. They were screaming her name, muffled. "Okay, okay!" She gasped, barely being able to breath. Miranda looked at the man in the face for the first time and saw he was wearing dark sunglasses and a black ski mask, the rest of him was covered in black clothes too. Except his hands, who were holding her neck and the gun pointing at her sisters.

"Just don't hurt them! I'll do whatever you want, but let them go!" she screamed, but the man just growled, "You're in no position to make a compromise, sweetie." He smiled sickly and shot the gun in the wall right above the sack. All of the girls screamed, and Miranda could hear Jenny start to cry. The man laughed and said, "Don't worry, I didn't come for them, just for you." and studied her face, "Yep, you're the one." and started pushing her down the stairs.

"Don't worry girls, I'll be back soon." she bravely said as she nearly fell down the stairs, but they kept screaming, "Miranda! Miranda! Don't go away, help us!" She started to tear up as the man said, "No, you won't. Not anytime soon." and pushed her with the gun to her back through the front door at the bottom of the stairs. As he shut the door behind him,grabbing her arm so she couldn't escape. A black Suburban was waiting in the driveway with another man at the wheel, looking jittery. She looked back at the house and wondered if she would ever see it, or her sisters again.

Keep reading and wait for the updates! I love comments and votes, so don't be afraid to give me ideas and advise!