Chapter 18- Lost

Matthew and I just laid in the bed after some mind blowing sex. I never would have imagined he would be so great in the sheets. To be honest I felt like such a whore. I still loved the twins to much but yet here I was fucking my bestfriend.

What has gotten into you Evana??

I turned around slowly on the bed because when your pregnant with twins you tend to feel heavy sometimes.

I suddenly started to feel so tired and overwhelmed.

Literally I was feeling dizzy like I was falling into a dark abyss. My body felt detached to me in every possible way. I felt myself twirling into a sea of unending waves. Then it suddenly hit me like a hard piece of wood. The pain.

The endless pain.

I felt myself screaming and turning, begging to be released from the invisible prison I was in. I then began to sink.

And sink lower.

I felt empty.

So empty.

_________________

I heard voices talking around me, soft voices but still they were there.

I tried to open my eyes but they were so heavy. I felt like a million bricks were on my chest holding me down.

"Help!" I screamed.

"Help!"

"Help!"

"Evana calm down! Baby calm down!" I heard a woman voice say.

She sounded like my mother.

What was my mother doing in my nightmare?

"Give her some space. She needs to get her bearings" I heard a stranger man say.

Suddenly I felt like my eyes and chest had been released from the hold and I was able to see and breathe clearly.

I looked up into a white room and the smell immediately reached my nose. The smell of medicine. A hospital?

"Evana?" a small voice said.

"I looked around to see Matthew talking to me.

Why was I here????

I felt so different.

'Why am I here?" I questioned.

I saw my mother looked over at Matthew but neither said anything.

"What?" I questioned.

"Baby. Something bad happened"my mother said sadly.

"Something that you had no control of baby" Matthew said.

"What happened?" I screamed at them!

Why prolong the truth?

"One of the babies' umbilical cord tied around his neck and killed him, yes a him baby you were gonna have a boy. But he was apparently dead for sometime. A couple days maybe. It caused the other baby to get an infection which caused her to not get any food or water or nutrients for days as well. Her head literally popped off her body" my mom said with tears in her eyes. I took in the news.

I had a girl and a boy??

My babies died??

What?

"How is that possible? I felt them alive today" I said through clenched teeth.

"Baby, you have been asleep for a week now! Everyone came to see you" Matthew said.

A week?

I was asleep a week now ?

What's going on?

This is really a nightmare?