Chapter 20- Goodbye

I had to mash hard on my brakes as I too little boys around the age of 8 years old ran in front my car.

I just stared at them and couldn't breathe. They looked so lost. So much like me currently.

Lost.

I missed my twins. I missed what I could have had with Andre, not that I didn't love Matt but it was different with the twins. They were so unpredictable. With Matt its the same routine everyday.

Wake up.

Breakfast in bed.

Sex in bed.

Drive to work together.

Friday Night date nights.

The whole perfect husband thing but I felt that this kind of treatment will lead me to infidelity.

Like I want to enjoy the wild and free like with my lover not a life where I know everything he is going to do.

I continued driving to the restaurant and soon arrived.

-----------------------------------------

'Hey baby' I said kissing Matt on the lips.

He was already waiting when I arrived and ordered for the both us my favourite.

It was pasta with meatballs covered in Moscato wine.

Yum.

"Hey you" was what he said.

'Before you start, I would just like to say NO WORK! I do not want the topic of work to come off in this dinner please. I want an evening of relaxing with my girlfriend in peace" he said sternly with a tug of a smile on his lips.

"I can do that!" I bragged knowing that work was my life. I honestly talk about work non-stop because I was at it 24/7.

"We will see. At least try please" he begged.

'Fine. I will turn off my phone. Alright" I said while turning off my Samsung S7.

'So what did you want to talk about?' I said putting a fork full of the delicious pasta in my mouth.

He just smiled at my greediness.

He pulled out an envelop from his jacket and pushed closer to me on the table.

Curiosity spiked and immediately opened it to see two things.

1) Plane tickets to Hawaii for tomorrow.

2) A JOB ACCEPTANCE LETTER TO AUSTRALIA TO WORK IN A OIL COMPANY.

"What this Matt?' I asked holding up the acceptance letter.

'What's it look like? A letter! I got accepted to work in the biggest oil company in Australia. The salary is great! Its half a million a month plus accommodations. I get tons of opportunities and I get provide for you more" he stated happily.

I put down my fork and stared at him. For a long long time.

Disgusted.

'What wrong with you job now? Working in dad's company, well my company?'

'Evana, I don't intend to work there my whole life. Its already bad that we are dating while I'm in the company. Its unprofessional!' he stated annoyed.

"So you are going to take this job?!' I asked through gritted teeth.

'UH-YESS!" he said without hesitation.