CHAPTER15- Bad News Good News

I woke up in a daze. My head was hurting and I was craving bacon. Alot of bacon. My memory from last night was slowly coming back. Matthew discovered my two secrets . Well one secret because I literally showed him my belly when I answered the door. Speaking of Matthew where was he? I remembered falling asleep on his lap last night. Did he just leave? Or is he still here? I made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Matthew?" I called throughout the house. No answer. He wasn't here. A pang of disappointment surged through me.

I ate a plate of bacon before heading to get ready for work and my appointment.

"Jamie, hey its Evangeline, I have something I need to do this morning so I'm coming in for 9 o clock, move my first two appointments for after lunch please" I ordered in a friendly manner before hanging up.

I pulled into the car park of the doctor's office and headed in for my 8 o'clock appointment.

"Morning, Im here for my appointment. Evangeline Brooks" I said to the receptionist.

"Of course Ms.Brooks, the doctor is ready for you.Please follow me" the blond woman answered leading me to the back of the building.

"Here we are" the receptionist said pointing to a white door.

"Thank you"I said enthusiastically before opening the door and walking in.

There, sat a red head writing something on a piece of paper. She turned around when she heard me enter.

"Morning Ms.Brooks, I'm Dr.Andrea Ross. Welcome" she said introducing herself. She smiled alot, seeming really nice.

"Well you said you had another Doctor in New York, a Dr.Bryn, well today we are going to discover the baby's sex and your due date" she said continuing while setting up the chair for me to lie down on.

I hadn't spoken yet because she kept on talking.

"This is what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna place some geltion on your womb, then I'm going to place the head of this scanner on the gel and rub, that's how you would see the baby" she explained while guiding me to the chair and raising up my shirt all the way to my breast.

She then proceeded to do what she said with the gel and the machine. Then, she moved a screen towards me and began to watch what looked like nothing.

A few minutes later she pointed to the screen and looked surprised. She then turned a nob on the machine and I soon heard something like a heartbeat. Then the noise repeated every 2 seconds.

"Are you hearing that Ms.Brooks?" She asked still looking at the screen.

"Yes. Is it my baby's heart?" I questioned in awe.

"Yes" She watched me smiling .

"I have good news and bad news which one would you like to hear first?" she asked sounding concern.

Bad news? What could that mean?

"Umm bad first?" I questioned.

"Ok, well the bad news is, we wouldn't be able to know the sex at this moment maybe another month before I can confirm that for you" she stated sounding a bit disappointed.

"Good news?" I edged on.

"I have two good news" she announced happily.

"Well for starters your about 18 weeks along so your due date should be JANUARY 10 th 2014 and if you listen closely to this monitor that lets you hear the baby's heartbeat, you would hear two heartbeats. Babies heartbeat tend to beat atleast 100 times or more in one minute. I counted 215 beats in one minute with your baby. If you look here on the screen you can identify two legs and over here another pair of legs , hands here now look over here, two others. Right here is a head but if you look closely there you can make out the out line of another head.So it looks like your having two babies Ms.Brooks. Due to the babies' positions its hard to tell their sex. They both seem to be blocking the reproductive areas" she explained.

I lay there watching her in shock. Babies? What?

"Twins?" I asked clarifying.

"Yes Ms.Brooks. Twins. This is a joy. You looked rather surprised. Do twins run in your family?" she asked while raising her eyebrow.

"Umm no. But it runs in the father's family. He is a twin " I muttered still in shock.

"Well that's great. That's very natural for this to happen" she replied happily.

"Okay" I replied in a daze.

She gave me some medicine and another appointment and sent me on my way. I then headed to work.

I walked in the building and headed straight for my office.

I was in deep in thought when I bounced into something hard.

I was about to fall when a pair of huge arms swung around my waist and stopped me from falling.

My heart was beating fast, shivers were running up and down my spine. I only felt this way around The twins. When I finally got back on my feet I looked into a pair of sea blue eyes. Andrew? I jumped back so fast I ended up falling all over again but he wasn't fast enough, so this time I actually fell hard on my bum.

I looked up at his tall figure. He was bending over me with an amused smile. I quickly got off the floor and looked around realizing that the entire staff on this floor was watching me.

"Please carry on your work, I just slipped" I said to them giving an embarrassed smile.

I gave Andrew one last unbelievable look before walking to my office and closing the door.

Not long after the door flew open and there stood the famous Andrew. What the fuck was he even doing here? How did he even find me? I strictly told my parents to not say where I was. I'm gonna kill my mother for telling him. I looked down at my stomach and the over sized shirt I was wearing. It hid my pregnancy very well, so as long as he doesn't hug me , I'm safe.

"Hello Evana" Andrew smoothly muttered while coming in my office and closing the door.

"How did you find me?" I questioned ignoring his greeting.

"So no hello? I didnt even know you were here. My company provides your company with some lawyers. I dont know if your aware but we have a few contracts to sign today allowing you guys to work with France car shipping. Whenever we get international calls either Andre or I make the visit. So here I am" he announced.

I watched him with open disgust. He found me. I don't think it was by chance, he definitely knew I was here.

By now he was siting on the couch in the corner of my large office.

"What do you want?" I asked frustrated.

"Just to talk' he replied sounding bored.

He then got up and strided towards me. I watched him hesitantly, he was now directly in front of me smiling.

Soon his lips were on mine. I should have pull away but I didnt want to,he was so irresistible. Soon he pulled me into his arms , wrapping my legs around his waist and soon he was squeezing my ass.

We were at it for a while until the door burst open and there stood Matthew. I jumped down from Andrew's arms, landing in my chair.

Matthew just stared with his mouth opened, shocked.