{Chapter Eleven}

~Rewritten~

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nathaniel's P.O.V
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It's been about a month now since Skylar and I have spoken. Ever since that day he freaked out on me I decided to just leave him alone. It's what he wants. I thought we were friends but I guess I was wrong the whole time. I don't even understand what  I did wrong. I was merely checking to see if he was alright.

For the past month I've tried to contact him to make sure he was well. Of course he didn't bother to answer. I've also tried to talk with him in school, but it just made things worse. He freaks out and scurries away before I can get a word out. He seems so afraid to talk to me almost as if he's afraid of me.

So I gave up in trying to converse with him. If doesn't want to speak to me then so be it. I should honestly leave Skylar alone if that's what he so badly wants. I'll grant him this one favor and listen to his requests. He clearly doesn't want or need me.

I grunted while looking over the town under my feet as I sat down on the edge of the school building. I pulled out a cigarette, lighting it, inhaling the toxins and exhaling them throughout my nostrils. My body calmed as I took more drags by the minute. I sighed in content as the smoke eventually clouded my view.

"Hello there!"

I jumped slightly at the sudden voice. I turned my head to see behind me and saw a redheaded girl strutting towards me. I grunted, having a feeling that she's only here because she wants something from me like every other person at this school. Any guy or girl who comes up to me either wants to buy drugs or have sex. It's annoyingly frustrating.

"Hello", she spoke again and I disregarded her, taking another drag. "So what ya doin' up here?", she asked curiously and I rolled my eyes.

"What does it look like I'm doing up here?", I retorted and she smiled, taking a seat next to me.

"Someone's grumpy", she said innocently, being careful not to make much movement on the edge.

I can tell by her expression that she's afraid of heights, but if she's afraid of heights then why is she up here? I shook my head, feeling tempted to get up and leave, but I would have no where to go except back to class. I wasn't in the mood to hear the teacher's boring lesson. I also wasn't in the mood to be bothered by some chic I don't know.

"Why do I feel like I'm disrupting something", she perked.

~Yeah my quality alone time~

I grunted, seeing that my cigarette was almost done with. I tossed the cig off the rooftop and stood up, dusting myself off. The girl eyed me as I grabbed my bag, throwing it over my shoulder. I tucked my hands in my pocket and turned to leave.

"Hey wait up!", the girl called out, getting up too. "I thought we were making conversation", she said and I scoffed.

"How? When you were the only one talking", I uttered and she followed me down the rooftop to the first floor of the school. "Okay what the hell, who are you? Why are you following me? I'm not interested in sleeping with you alright? So just stop", I grunted and stopped walking.

"Hm, I will admit that your handsome, but I'm that type of girl to sleep with someone I just met. And the name's Vivian Hart, nice to meet you", she grinned, holding out her hand and her olive green eyes glistened.

I cocked a curious brow and shook her hand, replying, "Nathaniel Jameson, but you probably already knew that"

"Actually no, I'm new here to PineCreek High. Why are you famous here or something? ", she laughed and I shrugged.

"Uh sure let's go with that"

"Oh well sorry to have bothered you, but I don't know anyone here and it's hard making friends on the first day", she said and I smirked.

"Well here's a tip for you with making friends here: don't. The students here are assholes", I informed causing her to let out a hearty laugh, broadcasting her bright white smile.

"Wouldn't that make you an asshole too?", she asked and I nodded proudly.

"Of course. The finest of assholes", I smirked and she crossed her arms, and stared at me curiously.

"One question fine asshole: why were you on top of the school rooftop?", she asked and I leaned against the wall.

"Why were you?", I shot back and she shrugged in response.

"Needed some fresh air. Its my lunch time and I can't stand being crowded for too long", she told and I nodded not saying anything in response. "Hey uhm-"

« Ring! »

She was cut off by the last lunch bell and frowned to herself.

"Well I believe that's my cue. I'll see you around fine asshole", she joked and sent me a peace sign before hurrying off.

I smiled and pushed myself from off the wall. Once students began to pile up in the hallway I decided to head out of the school to skip the rest of the day. I got in my car and sat in silence for a minute thinking about that girl. She seems different from other girls at this school. She was naturally pretty and didn't try so hard on the makeup, and she had an old hipster type style not an over revealing one.

She didn't make a move to flirt or get with me which is extremely rare at this high school. People think I over exaggerate when I simply say every girl here wants to have sex with me. Majority of the girls at the school who wear over revealing outfits approach me. They think them showing off their body is a way for me to be interested in them.

I will admit that sometimes when I'm bored I'll sleep with them, but that's it after that. I lose interest in them quick and move on with my life. People may think I'm a jerk for that and they're right, but it's not like I don't tell them from the beginning that I'm interested in starting a relationship with them. It's their fault for getting involved with me.

That girl-what was her name again? Violet? Veronica? Vixen? Damn I forgot. I know it starts with a V. She's one of the few girls that actually catch my eye. I'm not saying that I like her already, but it would be nice to get the chance to see her again.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Enjoy the final rewrite of chapter eleven.

If you enjoyed the chapter please vote or comment your opinion. Or both :')

I wish you all love and happiness.

❤️ you