{Chapter Four}

~Rewritten~

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Skylar's P.O.V
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

~Skylar stop overthinking and just attend~

I pestered and debated on whether I should actually attend the party. I won't know anybody there except Nathaniel and Ethan. If I show up people will wonder why I was even invited. The whole school doesn't like me for multiple reasons: I'm gay, Ethan's boyfriend, shy, quiet, lonely, etc.

If I think about it, I technically don't have to show up. There's a percent chance of Nathaniel not noticing my absence. Too bad I already asked Ethan and he seemed set on going. I also did tell Nathaniel I would show up, whether he notices or not. Maybe he'll search for me - that's doubtful very doubtful.

I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was almost time for me to go. I searched for Ethan's contact and texted him to see if he was almost here. He replied quick, telling me that he was less than ten minutes away and that I should be ready. I smiled, but pouted realizing that I haven't asked my parents if I could go.

That should've been the first thing to do. My parents will most likely disapprove of me going out since they don't like me out late on a school night. On the bright side if they say no then I won't have to attend the party.

I stepped downstairs and spotted my parents situated on the couch, watching Netflix. I fidgeted in my spot and fiddled with my thumbs.

"Mom, Dad, w-would you mind if I a-attend a party tonight?", I asked anxiously and both turned their heads to look me with their faces full of astonishment.

"My son?...Wants to go to a party?", my father asked, shocker laced in his voice.

I nodded and waited for them to give me a complete answer.

"Well of course! My baby is finally growing up and making friends!", my mom cheered along with my dad and I blushed at her words.

"Thank y-you", I whispered and she smiled.

"What time are you planning on coming back home?"

"No l-later than 12", I said and they nodded, allowing me to go to the party.

I sighed and questioned if this was a good h Thing or not. This means I have no choice, but to attend the party. I sat down on the couch next to them as they resumed watching the television. Ten minutes flew by and I heard a knock on the front door. I opened it for it to reveal a smiling Ethan.

"You ready?", he asked and I smiled back, turning back to my parents, waving them goodbye.

Ethan and I reached Nathaniel friends house who I think goes by the name 'Ghost'. The house as expected had drunk teens making out, people dancing or running around and others passed out on the front lawn. How interesting, this is exactly what I pictured.

We got out of the car and headed to the front door that was held open by a familiar guy. Ethan greeted him and we made our way inside. I was surprised to see nobody noticing our presence. That made me feel more at ease and less self-conscious. My ears slightly hurt from the blasting music that made the whole house rumble. I followed behind Ethan as he pushed past wasted, dancing teens.

"I'm going to meet up with some friends. Will you be alright by yourself for a bit?", he asked already going over to his friends without giving me a chance to oppose.

I frowned when he disappeared into the crowd, leaving me alone once again. I asked him to come so he would stay with me at all times. I'm uncomfortable alone in this house. I felt queasy standing by myself in the middle of the room and headed over to the kitchen. It had less sweaty people.