{Chapter Two}

~Rewritten~

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Skylar's P.O.V
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I limped through the large, dull doors of my high school, hand in hand with Ethan. I felt so exhausted because of yesterday. When I came home from Ethan's house all bruised up my mom freaked out, overbearing me with questions. Questions such as: "What happened to your face?!",  "Did someone hurt you?!", "Why are you home later than usual?!and blah blah blah..."

My dad tried calming her down and sent me up to my room to rest. It was hard for me to sleep after I took my shower since I was in deep agonizing pain- I still am. In the middle of the night I grabbed an icepack, expecting it to ease the pain. Too bad it didn't do much and I had to force myself into a miserable slumber.

When I awoke this morning, I saw a mark of Ethan's hand formed around my neck. I didn't have anymore clean turtlenecks so I had to use my mother's foundation. It felt weird against my skin. I so badly wanted to rub it off, but knew not to, unless I wanted to deal with an angry Ethan and worried teachers.

We walked through and everybody's eyes landed on us as expected. I slightly hid behind Ethan still not used to the given attention. I honestly hated how popular he was due to the unwanted attention we received daily. Ethan knew how much it bothered me and gave my hand a slight squeeze, flashing me his charming smile.

I relaxed a bit when we approached my locker. I heard footsteps and saw his friends make way over to us- well Ethan actually. They all ignored my presence as usual. He greeted his friends who I believe were Jessie and Michael. I tuned out their convo and grabbed what I needed for my upcoming class.

"I'm gonna head off with my friends. You'll be alright?", he asked and before I could answer he shot me a thumbs up. "Good, cya babe", he kissed me on the cheek, walking off with his friends.

I huffed, closing my locker, watching him disappear down the hall. I decided to head to class early and limped alone down the hall with my head hung low. I could still feel the stares and heard the low whispers around me as I passed through the crowd. Walking down the hall, I managed to bump into a large figure.

"Watch where you're going!", I heard the voice scowl.

I felt panic shoot through me waiting for the person to hit me as they pleased. I deserve it for not paying attention ahead of me. My body hook and I waited for the punch to come.

"Dude chill you're shaking like hell", his low voice spoke.

"You c-can h-hit me now if y-you want", I stuttered, barely above a whisper still waiting for the hits to come.

"I'm not going to hit you unless you want me to", he said and I lifted my head up.

Oh crap! I'm face to face with Nathaniel Jameson: the irresistible 'Bad boy' of the school. I don't know him personally to know if the rumors are true, but some say he's dangerous to hang around, yet great in bed. He's in a few of my classes, but I only came in contact with him once when we bumped shoulders while heading out of class.

Looking at him now, I can conclude that he's pretty intimidating to say the least. Him being irresistible is an understatement since he looked as if he was sculpted by the gods. Other than being gorgeous, I couldn't exactly tell if he was dangerous. His broad, terrifying demeanor was hinting at it along with his hard, cold stare he held around school.

"Hello? Anyone there?", he asked, snapping his fingers in my face.

I blushed a deep shade of crimson and removed my gaze from his. I blinked and stared down at the floor, feeling embarrassed.

« Ring! »

I flinched at the sound of the loud bell.

"I g-got to get t-to class", I stuttered quickly, moving around Nathaniel.

"Whatever...", he muttered and I mentally smacked myself for interacting with him.

Ethan doesn't like it when I talk to other boys. One of the reasons why I don't have many friends. The other being that I'm too shy and weird for some people. I walked inside my destined classroom and got myself situated in the back of the class where I usually sat. A couple minutes later students began to pile up and the second bell rang, signaling the beginning of class.

"Okay class, how are you today?!", the teacher beamed and majority of the class groaned in response. "Oh c'mon, are you not excited to see me? Did you guys not miss me over the weekend?", the teacher, Ms. Blankfield teased.

Ms.Blankfield or Ms.B as she would like us to call her is my favorite teacher of this school. She's not too nice or too strict. She can have a tendency to be a little laidback and doesn't give out much homework. Plus, when she does its so easy, to me at least.

When class ended Ms.B asked me to stay behind everyone else. I tried to stay calm when she called me over to her desk.

~Did I do something wrong?~

I nervously approached her desk. I've never gotten in trouble with a teacher before. I'm never late to class, I stay quiet, I pay attention, and complete my homework/class assignments on time. What could I have possibly done wrong? I have made her angry?

"Don't worry sweetie you're not in trouble. However, I wanted to chat with you about what I've noticed today"

I squeezed my the straps of my backpack, anxiously waiting for her to continue. Did she notice the mark on my neck? Did the foundation wear off? Is she going to tell the administrators? I'll beg for her not to! I can't risk being hurt by Ethan.

"I've noticed your limp. Not to mention, this isn't the first time I've seen you hurt. If there's anything going on at home you can tell me", she said, clasping her hands together, leaning over her desk.

"I'm f-fine, this w-was an accident. I f-fell and twisted my a-ankle", I lied not making eye contact with her.

I felt her stare at me for a minute until she decided to drop the assumption and a wave of relief washed over me.

"You can go Skylar, I don't want you late to class", she ushered me to the door.

I nodded and limped towards the door. I glanced back and she gave me a sad smile. I can see that she wanted to call me back and ask more questions, but chose not to. I'm glad she thought against it and I made way to my next class. That was was close call.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Enjoy the final rewrite of chapter two.

If you enjoyed the chapter please vote or comment your opinion... or y'know do both ;)

Last but not least just know that even though we don't know each other, I love you ❤️