{Chapter Three}

~Rewritten~

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Skylar's P.O.V
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I groaned, waking up to the sound of my phone alarm. I didn't have the energy to get up for school even though I know I don't have a choice. I trudged out of bed and remembered that Ethan will be extremely mad if I'm not ready on time when he gets here to pick me up.

The universe knows I don't want to anger him more than I already do naturally. I'm neither mentally or physically prepared for the torture that comes with Ethan's rage.

I yawned, ruffling my hair and went over to my bathroom. I did my daily routine, preparing myself for school. When I got done, my phone rang just in time. I checked the caller ID it showing Ethan's name. Is he here already? Its kinda early for him. I smiled to myself answering the phone.

"H-Hello?", I answered.

"Yeah, today I wont be able to drive you to school", he told and I frowned to myself.

"W-Why not? If I w-walk I might b-be late"

"Well shit, that's your problem", he grumbled.

"Can y-you at least t-tell me why? I-Is everything a-alright?", I asked sincerely.

"Oh my fucking God, you're giving me a headache!", I flinched at his loud voice booming in my ear.

"W-What did I d-do wrong?"

"You're asking so many annoying fucking questions! When I tell you I can't do something you accept it and move on!", I moved the phone away from my ear until he was done shouting.

"I'm s-sorry Ethan...", I muttered.

"Whatever, I don't have fucking time for this I'll see you at school"

"Okay, I l-love you"

"Yeah whatever", he grumbled, hanging up the phone.

I placed my phone in my pocket and grabbed my backpack. I trudged down my staircase and was revealed to an empty house. My parents must've went to work early this morning. I glanced at the fridge and decided to skip breakfast so I can have a chance of making it to school on time.

I put on my shoes by the door and stepped outside. I shivered as I felt a cold breeze brush my face. I'm guessing winter is close by. I hugged myself and walked with my head hung low. I walked down the sidewalk and the neighbors greeted me with warm smiles. I smiled back and kept walking.

I slowed down my pace when my legs began to ache. I shuddered when I spotted a creepy man staring at me from afar. I ignored him and continued in my own direction. I dislike walking long distances alone. There's no one for me to walk with to protect me from creeps. I wonder why Ethan couldn't drive me today. He's probably tired of wasting gas on me.

I mumbled a song to myself and glanced to the side to see a car slowing down beside me. I nervously looked away and picked up footing. The car followed me a great distance and my legs were beginning to ache again. Why is this random car following me? I was basically running at this point and heard a loud car horn from behind.

I stopped running and looked back to see the tinted window roll down. You have got to be kidding me. Him again? Out of all people?

"Hey, kid need a ride?!", he called out to me and I shook my head, but he insisted. "C'mon, school is like a couple miles away I swear you'll regret it!".

I thought to myself before making a decision. I shouldn't trust him, but he is right about school being far away. I'm sure that I have another 3 miles to go and my legs do ache from my lack of physical activity.

"Kid, I don't have all day here!"

~Come on he's waiting don't be rude~

I mentally sighed and jumped in his car. I took notice in his car and I'm shocked by how clean it is and how good it smells. It smelt like car freshener mixed with his cologne. I adored how his car seemed cleaned and well kept. I love when things are put into order. My parents find it quite odd at how neat I like to have things.

"Thanks", I whispered as my voice was barely audible and he shrugged.

I fiddled with my thumbs as he drove off down the street. I hardly knew Nathaniel other than we attend the same school and share a few classes. I shouldn't have gotten into his car it was stupid of me. Ethan will kill me if he finds out.

When we reached the school I expected him to leave or ditch me, but instead he did the opposite. He walked with me all the way to my locker working up my nerves and searched around for Ethan. I was in luck that he wasn't anywhere to be found.

"You k-know you d-didn't have to w-walk me to my l-locker", I said while unlocking my locker.

He smirked and leaned against the other lockers, staring down at with with his arms folded across his chest.

"I know", he shrugged and I grabbed my books and moved away from him.

"I'm g-going to head to class. Thank y-you again for the ride", I gave him a shy smile.

I was about to walk off when I felt him touch my shoulder. The sudden contact made me flinch and I put my arms up protectively, thinking he was ready to hit me.

"Woah, calm down I'm not going to hurt you", he said, moving my arms away from my face.

He stared at me with amusement in his eyes and I looked away unable to stare back. There was something about his stare that made me feel uneasy.

"I wanted to see if you would like to attend an after school party at a friends house?", he asked, smirking down at me.

Oh no, after school parties are definitely not my cup of tea. I've watched plenty of movies where teens get raped or assaulted. I'm definitely not taking my chances with that. I also dislike the smell and taste of alcohol.

"Uh I d-don't think so", I whispered and his smirk faltered.

"C'mon, I can tell by looking at you that you've never been invited to a party", he remarked causing me to blush. "If it will make you reconsider you can bring a friend", he stared at me with anticipating hazel eyes.

His eyes were basically begging me to say yes and I could invite Ethan to go with me. Ethan does enjoy a good party, especially one with alcohol.

"Uh s-sure", his smirk came back at my answer.

"Alright, let me see your phone", he demanded and I quickly gave it to him.

He typed something in it handing it back to me. I tilted my head in confusion, wondering what he did.

"I gave you my number", he told and I nodded. "Here type yours in mine", he ordered and I did as I was told.

"Okay, I'll text you after school. Cya later...", he trailed off asking for my name.

"...Skylar", I whispered and he smiled at the name.

"Alright, cya later Sky", he said and walked off in a different direction.

Argh, it seriously irks me when people call me 'Sky' and not Skylar.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Enjoy the final rewrite of chapter three.

If you enjoyed the chapter please vote or comment your opinion or maybe both...if you'd like.

Last but not least just know that even though we don't exactly know each other I still love you ❤️

I wish the best for you :)