{Chapter Seven}

~Rewritten~

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nathaniel's P.O.V
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I tapped my fingers against the wooden desk as I stared at Skylar from afar from the back of the class. His brows furrowed and his lips curled into a deep frown. He's always frowning. Why? He hardly ever smiles and when he does it never seems genuine. His smiles are very forced and never truthful. It makes me question what is the cause of his unhappiness.

I can tell by hanging around Skylar that he isn't the happiest person you'll meet. I know people have their own personal problems, but I especially want to know his. I want to help solve them so I can see him smile sincerely once just once.

Skylar is very unlike people I've hung out with in the past. But he does remind me of my sister Nadia. Nadia seemed to act the same way Skylar does. The only difference is that instead of expressing her sadness she would put on a show. Nadia Jameson was the best actress out there. She would act like the most positive person to ever live so people wouldn't concern over her.

That was until she couldn't fake it anymore. I sometimes wonder if that's why I'm so intrigued with Skylar. He reminds me so much of my sister. She was short just like him, had innocent eyes like him, a delicate voice like him - it's almost as if he is the reincarnation of her.

I sighed, taking in Skylar's features. He had abnormally pale skin with sunken cheeks, making him look almost hollow. He's almost skin and bone. If I was him I would force myself to eat more than I can take, so I can gain at least a pound or two. He looks like he needs all the pounds he can get.

His chocolate brown hair fell loosely against his forehead, covering his eyebrows. He would occasionally move his bangs out of his face as he kept his head hung low. He seemed to be in deep thought as he ignored the teacher's words.

"Nate whatchu starin' at?", my friend Trey asked and I shrugged, adverting my attention elsewhere.

"Nothing", I blandly said, leaning against my seat with crossed arms.

"Mhm, but dude, you wanna join me and the boys today after school today?", he proposed and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Nah, I'm good", I said and he scoffed.

"C'mon man, we haven't gone out in a while. Don't you wanna meet a couple beauties and y'know...", he leaned in and nudged my shoulder. "Get familiar with them", he smirked and I chuckled.

"Nah, I already made plans with someone else today", I said and he cocked his head to the side.

"Who?", he asked and I glanced over to Skylar who still seemed to be thinking to himself.

"A new friend", I told and he smiled, nudging me in the arm.

"Ah shit! My man bout to get it in tonight! I see you bro, I see you!", he cheered and I rolled my eyes, glaring at him.

"Shut the fuck up it's not like that"

"Dude, all of your new friends are like that, so tell me is she sexy? How fat is dat ass?", he asked and I glared at him.

"Like I said it's not like that", I scowled and he held up his hands in defense.

"Woah chill out I was jus playin'", he said and I disregarded him and adverted attention to the teacher.

« Ring! »

Once the bell rang for lunch I jolted up from my seat. I watched Skylar stand by as everyone fled the classroom, so he can exit after them. I stalked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He flinched and covered his head until he realized that it was only me.

He tended to do that often every time I or someone else would come up to him. They wouldn't even have to lay a finger on him and he would flinch away as if he got burned. What made him so scared of everyone around him? It's not only the people either. I've noticed that he flinches at noisy sounds or loud voices.

"Wassup", I smirked down at him and he gripped his backpack straps.

"H-Hello Nathan", he whispered and we headed over to the cafeteria.

"Sky wanna hangout today?", I asked and he frowned shaking his head.

"N-No I can't", he muttered.

"Yes you can. Where do you wanna go after school today?", I suggested and he took a minute to respond.

"I-I can't...r-really...", he mumbled under his breath and I noticed that he was keeping a great distance from me.

He kept glancing around occasionally to see if anyone was looking at us. It looks like he's trying to hide from being seen with me. He usually doesn't on a regular so why today?

"Sky are you alright? You look anxious", I commented and he nodded, glancing around. "Are you sure because you're acting-"

"Skylar!", Skylar flinched at the harsh voice calling out to him.

We both stopped walking and turned around to see Ethan Reed making his way over to us. Ethan fucking Reed. Oh I hate him with a passion! He confidently walked down the hall with his hands tucked in his pockets. He glared at me as he walked down the hall and I glanced over to Skylar who looked like he was on the verge shitting himself.

"What the hell Skylar, did you not hear me calling your name?", Ethan demanded causing Skylar to flinch in response. "I called your name countless times but you flat out ignored me!", he exclaimed and Skylar lowered his head.

"I-I'm s-sorry", Skylar said barely above a whisper and he was visibly shaking.

What the hell is going on? Are they friends? I was positive Skylar didn't have any other friends. And why the hell is he talking to him like that? It's pissing me off.

"And who're you?", he asked, turning to face me with a annoyance.

"None of your fucking concern", I scowled, having the urge to punch him the face.

"Okay why're you talking with Skylar?", he glared and I glared back, clenching my fists.

"Because I'm his-"

"P-Partner! He's m-my p-partner for an a-assignment", Skylar jumped in and I cocked my head in confusion.

I opened my mouth to oppose when Skylar gave me a pleading look to go along with it. He looked beyond terrified and I knew it was because of the dickhead next to us. I closed my mouth and nodded receiving a relieved sigh from Skylar.

"Uh, I gotta get going. We'll talk more later about that project", I grumbled and Skylar mouthed a 'thank you'.

I nodded and scowled at Ethan one last time before walking over in the opposite direction. I peeked back and saw them intertwine hands. Ethan pulled Skylar in close and I finally understood what was going on. Ethan shitface Reed is Skylar's boyfriend. Holy shit.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Enjoy the final rewrite of chapter seven.

If you enjoyed the chap pls vote or comment your opinion. Or *cough* maybe *cough* both?

Side note: I love you... a lot ❤️

I wish you all love and happiness :)