Chapter 19

Kayden's P.O.V.

My palms are sweaty and my heart is beating so quickly I feel like I am having a heartattack. I try to take deep breaths to calm down. We really fucked up this time, and I don't know if we can get out of this one. Not that I deserve to get out of this, I should spend fucking life in prison not only for involving myself in this but for puting the girl I love in danger. When Christian wants something, he won't stop until he gets it. Well he is not going to get her, and I will damn well make sure of that. I know that involving myself with Riley would only end badly for the both of us. She deserves the best, somebody who will protect her, not put her in danger. 

My head snaps up when I hear the door open in the interrogation room I am waiting in. A sigh of relief flows out of me when I realise that it's just my dad. He walks in dressed in a fitting suit, one he would wear during a hearing. The suffocating silence he gives me is worse than if he were to be screaming and shouting at me right now. I quickly chance a glance at my father who is now in work mode at the moment. He doesn't spare me one back and a part of me is glad he didn't, I am not ready to face his dissapointed eyes.

When the door opens again, in walks a man dressed in casual dark blue jeans with a black scoop-necked T-shirt. His dirty boots seem familiar to me, when I look at his face, I realise this was the man who arrested me. My father walks over to the man and shakes his hand, they carry on quite a conversation as I wait patiently. They both walk over to the metal table where I am sat at, my father takes a seat followed by the interrogator. "Listen Kayden, we just have a few questions to ask you. If you cooperate and everything goes smoothely, then you are free to go, understand?" I nod my head as soon as he finishes.

"Pardon me, but I would just like to make it clear that my client does not need to answer any questions that makes him feel uncomfortable." My dad, or I guess lawyer at the moment, states while looking at me.

"Right, well lets just carry on." I take a deep breath and look out the window that is behind the dirty-booted man. The small frame only allows me to see the entrance of the police station where criminals are being dragged into and out of every few minutes. Though what caught my attention, wasn't the drunk homeless guy slouched back on one of the cold metal chairs. No, it was the beautiful brunette with those mesmerizing green eyes and perfect full lips. Instantly, I want to chuckle at her polka dot pajamas and frog slippers, but I am too destracted by the overwhelming feeling of needing her.

I want to run out of this room and take her as far away from this horrid place as possible, I want to move her away from that pathetic drunk that sits beside her. She shouldn't be at a place like this, she's too innocent. I notice that the rest of the Graham clan is with her, that provides me with a few seconds of relief, that is until she begins to stand up and wander around, what is she doing?

"Focus son." My fathers stern voice echos in my ear. I didn't even realise we had already started. 

"Sorry, could you please repeat the question?" I ask as the guy pulls out his pen and clipboard.

"I haven't asked you anything yet, so pay attention." he says.

I use everything inside of me to not look out that window and to focus only on the questions that are being thrown at me. "How long have you known Christain?" I am asked.

"Since we were kids, he's my cousin." I inform him. He asks me simple questions such as where I go to school and how my grades are, if I am in any other activities. Of course I answer all of them with ease.

"Tell me, in detail, what happened tonight." That's when my heart stopped. My face went pale and I became very uncomfortable. 

"I-I don't know. It wasn't supposed to be that way-I mean I didn't know those guys were going to be there. We planned to set Christian up, but I had no idea it would get this out of hand."