Chapter 18

Kayden's P.O.V.

Where the fuck is he? I specifically told him to meet me here at 1am. I pace back and forth in the empty, dark parking lot, dialing and redialing this fuck-ups number. I turn my attention to a pair of bright lights shining in my face, his crappy green toyota maxima finally pulls in the lot. "Where the fuck were you?" I yell at my foolish, naive little brother. "You know if we mess this up, we are both dead." I want to go on with my rant but there is no more time for that.

"Well I am here now so chill the fuck out." Finn says defensively. Anger starts to rise in my chest, he has no right to talk to me that way after what I am doing for him. I have half a mind to leave this ungrateful little shit here to deal with his own problems like a big boy. The warning glare I give, has him standing down in a matter of seconds. 

We stand around in the creepy lot, waiting for this asshole. There is nobody here, it's completely deserted, the only cars here are mine and Finn's. I impatiently check the time on my phone, it's been 33 minutes, if he doesn't come within the next 15 then I am leaving. A few more torturous minutes go buy and three men come walking out of the darkness, from wherever the hell they came from. I take a deep breath, let's just get this over with. I stand next to Finn defensively as Christian and his followers approach us.

"Look at my two favorite cousins, sticking together." The unsettling grin and sarcasm in his voice begins to ware my patience. 

"Knock off the bullshit Christian, we came here to do one thing and one thing only." I trail off. They all look quite surprised at my sudden outburst.

"You better watch what you say here, because last time I checked, we are the ones with the guns." I show no reaction to his little threat, but instead crack a smile. Him and his little puppies don't scare me in the slightest bit. 

Without another glance at these bastards, I walk over to the trunk of my car and pull out the brown weighted pillow case. I make my way back over to Christian and drop it in front of his feet, "Now you've got it, I think we're done here." I turn my back to leave the scene, not caring if my idiotic brother is following me.

I quickly duck, covering my head, when I hear a shot ring out in the dead of night. I spin around, almost giving myself a whiplash. My eyes immediately search for Finn, as my heart beats rapidly. He is still standing in his original position, completely unharmed. What the fuck just happened? "We're done, when I say we're done." My eyes switch over to Christians menacing voice.

What more does he want? We had a deal, I held up my part, what is the problem? I look at him confused. "I want to make a little...addition, to our bargain that we maid." Anger begins to boil inside me, he better chose his next words carefully. "I seem to remember a certain...brunette that you have been spending some time with." My breathing is exaggerated as try to control myself from beating the shit out of this scumbag.

"In your fucking dreams." I conclude, with venom clear in my voice.

He throws his head back, cackling like a psychopath, "Let me put it this way cuz...you give me her..." I hear his flimsy handgun being cocked, but when he raises it to Finn's head a shiver runs up my spine. "Or he dies." His words have me shaking with fear, desperation. anger, and frustration. My palms become sweaty and I am frozen completely. I stare at the unpaved dirt road, my head racing with a billion thoughts all at once. 

"Kayden!!" I snap my head up to the deafening shout that Flinn just blasted in my ear. "Do something!"

"I'm thinking god dammit!!" I scream back at Finn. There is no way I am agreeing to this fucked up deal. "Christian, you know she is not an option, so choose a different one." I glare at him. His devious grin still plays on his face as he paces up and down the small parking lot still pointing the gun towards my brother. I silently beg that he will take my proposal.