Chapter 14

Riley's P.O.V.

I stand in the middle of my room still confused about what just happened. I fold my arms and sit on my bed as I begin to think of the possibilities that could of happened. He came in here frantically, so I know whatever it is it can't be good. Maybe he wanted to tell me something that just couldn't wait until our date? Well I guess he realised it wasn't that big of a deal because I know the whole 'I just missed you' act was a bunch of crap. I'll find out what is going on sooner or later, I always do. 

I decide to push my thoughts about this whole ordeal, to the back of my head. I stand up and look at myself in the mirror trying to imagine different outfits and how I should do my hair and make up. That's when I notice the blood on the side of my shirt. I gasp in surprise, and quickly lift up my shirt to find the cause. There is nothing on my skin, no cuts or anything. Then it hits me, it was from Kayden. My heart begins to race double time as I pace back and forth in my room.

My first instinct is to of course run over to Kayden and demand him to tell me what the hell is going on. But then I think about it, if he wanted me to know then he would have told me. I am trusting him to make the best and safest decisions for the both of us. Whatever is going on, I hope he is okay. I know there is not much I can do about this confusing situation except sit back and hope for the best possible outcome. Though apart of me hopes he will trust me enough to tell me.

I take off my blood stained shirt and through it in my laundry basket, my pants following after. I try to remember the outfit I had picked out in my mind. My thoughts are all fuzzy and distracted right now, I don't want the night to go like this. I don't want the main focus to be about something negative. I want tonight to be about just me and Kayden, with no intreruptions. I want this night to be perfect, because I have a feeling it will be awhile until we have another perfect date.

I run my hands through my hair and sigh frustratedly. I walk to my closet in search of a decent piece of clothing to wear, but I'm stuck. I don't know if I should dress for a fancy restaurant, or just a casual date? Kayden isn't really a 'let's all get dressed up and have steak' type of guy. I try to stick in between casual and semi-formal, settling for a pair of black leggings and a white cardigan with a tank top underneath. 

I throw my hair up into a loose bun to get started on my make up. This is going to be difficult since I'm not really into makeup. I mean of course I do the simple blush and mascara, but when it comes to eye shadow, foundation, powder, concealer, and all those other unfamiliar names, I have no use for them. It's moments like these that make me wish I had a girl best friend I could call and have come over to get me all dolled up. I would ask my mom but she's out bowling with dad and my auntie and uncle. So it looks like I'm on my own here.

Thinking about them makes me remember that they still don't know about me and Kayden, I plan on telling them soon, this week maybe? I kind of already know how my parents will react, I am pretty sure they will be so happy for us but my brother is a different story...hopefully he'll come around sooner or later though.

I walk into my bathroom and pull out what little make up supplies I have. I decide to stay away from the foundation and powder but I sweep a little bit of blush across the apples of my cheeks. Then I look over the colors on my eyeshadow pallet and can't make a choice about which ones I should use. I don't want to be too flamboyant and obnoxious so I know to stay away from the bright oranges, greens, and yellows. I really like the simple nude colors so I go for the color that best matches my skin as a base and then for affect I add some eyeliner to the top lid. To finish up I add some mascara making my eyelashes extra long and curly.

Considering that myself and the curling iron do not have a good relationship at all, I avoid curling my hair. Instead, I pull my hair back into a loose fishtail braid, letting some pieces fall and frame my face. As I stand in front of my mirror and look myself over a few more times, I decide that I look pretty decent. When I check the time it reads six thirty-six. Gosh I didn't realise how much time I have before Kayden is supposed to pick me up. 

I grab my phone and check for any messages, because I know everybody is just dying to talk to me. I send a text to my brother saying that I am going out tonight with Kayden. Minutes later my door flies open and Jace is standing in the middle of my room staring at me with his arms crossed. When did he even get home? It couldn't have been to long ago. Did he watch that whole scene between Kayden and I? 

"When did you even get here?" I ask him surprised.

"Nevermind that." He looks absolutlely ridiculous, with that obnoxious look on his face, but I can't help the smile that is forms on my lips. "So...you guys are going on a date then?" he asks a bit awkwardly.

I figure that the best way to make light of the situation is with a little humor, "Yeah he's taking me to a strip club" I convincingly tell him. The shock and disgust on his face has me doubling over in laughter within seconds. "Y-your f-f-face!!" I try to say through my heavy eruption of giggles.

"That was not the least bit funny Ri, and you know it." His pissed off face causes me to laugh even harder. When he finally gives in and joins me, I know he isn't really pissed, which is good for me. "But I want you to be careful okay? I know it's just Kayden but he's still a boy and your my baby sis...sort of." I smile at him genuinely and give him a hug, assuring him that we will both be on our best behavior. Our talk lasts a little longer than I had hoped it would, Jace was just playing the overprotective brother. 

My whole body stands to attention when I hear a knock at the door, my brother stands up next to me and grabs my wrist before I can leave to answer it. "I want to talk to him first okay?" I nod in understanding, if this is how he has to accept it than so be it. I sit on my bed impatiently as Jace make his way down to the stairs. I pace back and forth as my heart races. What does he plan on saying to him? Oh god I hope he doesn't ruin everything for me...

When the door opens, I abruptly stand up wanting to run downstairs and save Kayden from the vicious attack from my brother. Luckily I contain myself, but that doesn't mean I am not pressed up against my door trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. I couldn't  make out everything that they're saying, it's all just a bunch of mumbling. But I figured that the conversation was over when I heard one of them say 'I promise', or something along the lines of that, I'm not exactly sure. I guess I'll just ask Kayden what they talked about a little later.

I take a deep breath and remind myself that tonight is going to be one of the best nights ever and there will be no drama. I make a promise to myself and silently to Kayden that I will not ask about whatever is going on in his life right now, unless he allows me to. Next thing I know I am slowly walking myself down the stairs, when I get to the door way I finally see him. He's perfect..."Thank you baby, you look so beautiful as well." Oh god, did I say that out loud? "Yes, you did." He whispers in my ear, then plants a gentle kiss to my flaming red cheeks. My heart is going crazy and I haven't even been with him for five minutes.

My smile hasn't faded since he's arrived, that is just the affect he has on my, and I love it. I can't wait for what tonight has in store for us, even if everything goes wrong, it will still be the perfect night, as long as I have him...

A/N: Oh boy, their big date is next! I'm so excited, I can't wait for you guys to read it. But I have to write it first haha! Well I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas!! I know I did, I got so many wonderful gifts from friends and family. What did you guys get for Christmas?! Tell me, tell me, tell me!! I'll try to update soon! Love you guys! Thank you. xoxo- jade:)