Chapter 7

Kayden's P.O.V.

"Why did you kiss me?" I hear her ask with a shaky voice. I had a feeling that was coming, and now I  have no idea how to respond. I have to tell her the truth but I don't know what her reaction will be. I stare down at my hands while I think of an answer. Why did I kiss her? Maybe because she was standing right in front of me, and the opportunity I have been waiting for came, so I took it. 

"I don't know." I say shortly. I can see her facial expression turn from confused to annoyed. "Well why did you kiss me back?" I say reversing the situation. She looks at me surprised and her mouth opens and closes twice as she tries to defend herself. I feel bad for making her so flustered, but I deserve an explanation as well.

"Well, I don't know either." She answers placing her hands on her hips. I grin at how adorable she is  when she gets sassy, which only makes her even more frustrated. "And now you're laughing at me, you know what? Just leave." she bites back, walking to her purple stool in front of her desk to sit. Oh shit...she is really mad.

"Riley please, I was only teasing you. I just find it so adorable when you get angry." I admit as I stand up and take her wrists in my hands to help her stand. She turns her head to the side and presses her lips together to make a straight line.

"If you keep frustrating me, I'll show you how adorable I can really be." She threatens while standing up tall and looking me straight in the eyes to intimidate me. She is about as scary as a baby bunny. I try to hold back the chuckle that wants to escape. 

"Just relax okay? I know I was being a prick, I'm sorry." I say calmly while rubbing up and down her arms, something I have always done to calm her or make her feel better. She sighs deeply and pushes my hands away from her...ouch. 

"Don't tell me to relax, I have a right to be upset Kayden." She says with her arms folded across her chest, making her cleavage even more noticeable...focus Kayden. 

"I-I honestly don't know why I kissed you. I just had to, you were right in front of me, how could I not?" I try to tell her.

"That is the worst excuse I have ever heard in my life. You kissed me, then ran away like a little girl." she says frustrated. God why is it so fucking hard to talk to her? I don't know what to say with out upsetting her. I need to tell her the truth, the whole truth, but what if she doesn't like what I have to say? At least I got it off of my chest right? 

"Listen Riley..." I speak softly as I take a step closer to her. "I'm sorry, for everything that I have put you through, I kissed you because I wanted to, I needed to. I wasn't sure when I'd get that opportunity again so I just went for it." She stares up at me with her plump lips slightly parted, as she listens to me intently.  "I realised right after that it was a mistake, kissing you." I watch as her eyes begin to water and she bites her inner cheek...she's going to cry. "Only because it made my feelings for you even stronger."

She wipes her eyes and sniffles slightly, "You say that like it's a bad thing..." She tells me, trying to control her tears.

"Riley, you don't understand how special you are. You deserve only the best, and I am not it. I am not good for you, I can't give you what you want. That's why I used Chelsea, I knew it would hurt you and I thought you would move on, but it only made things worse." Fuck. I knew this was going to end badly, I have barely finished my explanation and she is already crying. "I know all of this sounds really fucked up, because it is. I-I just want you to be happy..." I know this changes things, a lot of things, but I am glad I got all of that off of my chest. She deserved to know why I was acting like such a dick to her.

"So you're telling me that you pretended to have a girlfriend, so my feelings for you would go away?" I nod my head in confirmation. "You intentionally hurt me and made my life hell, so I would get off your back?" The way she says it makes it seems so much more cruel. "Look I know that I am not very attractive, or funny or anything.." She says while looking down at her feet. Dammit, she is taking it all wrong! Not attractive, is she insane?! "But you could have at least had the decency to tell me to my face." Tears stream down her face as she slowly backs away from me.

"Riley, you've got it all wrong-"

"Kayden...just go." She says with her back towards me. I thought she understood that I couldn't be with her because she deserves better. I mean I just explained that to her...didn't I?

"No. I'm not leaving." I firmly say as I walk over to Riley and turn her so she is facing me. "You don't get it do you?" I ask. She looks at me utterly confused. I bring my thumb to cheek and wipe the tears that are staining her flawless face. "It's you Riley...It's always been you." She stares at me in 'ah' as she parts her lips like she is about to say something, but I press my finger to her lips to stop her. Fuck it. "Can I kiss you?" I whisper, my mouth hovering hers. She responds with a slight nod.

I slowly press my lips against her soft ones and barely begin moving them together. I bring both of my hands to cup her face and kiss her even harder. I gently nip at her bottom lip and she opens in a gasp. I use this opportunity to glide my tongue in to meet hers. I have missed the unforgettable taste of her sweet kiss. As our tongues reunite, I bring my hands to her waist and pull her tighter to me, in response she brings her hands to my neck, running her fingers through my hair.

I bring her bottom lip into my mouth and begin sucking softly at first, but as the kiss deepens I harshly begin sucking on her addictive lips. My breath hitches as I feel her cold hands slip under my T-shirt, she slides her hands up and down my torso causing me to moan. Shit... we need to stop, if I keep going I know I won't be able to control myself. "Riley..." I say panting as I pull back. The loss of contact causes her to whimper, and she looks up at me through thick long eyelashes and mesmerizing jade green eyes. I hear her panting as well, and a small grin appears on my face. I bring my hand to cup her face again and glide the pad of my thumb over her swollen pink lips.

"You aren't going to leave again are you?" she whispers with a smirk.

"No baby, never again." I promise as I press my lips to her forehead.