Chapter 13

Kayden's P.O.V.

I quickly make my way up the steps to my house, anxious about our date tonight. I'm glad both our parents decided to go out tonight, but I'm not sure where Finn is. I make a mental note to text him later before I leave, just to check up on him, it's something I've felt the need to do ever since he's been getting into trouble. My thoughts trail back to Riley and the first time we got into trouble for sneaking out.

I still remember it exactly til this day, we were about fifteen and it was early December. We both met up around 1:00 a.m. and went to del taco, then just drove around the rest of the night looking at christmas lights. Our parents were mad that we took the car, especially with no license, but when we told them what we did, it became humurous. A foolish grin appears on my face as I think back to that memory, but it quickly fades when I open my front door.

Christian

I stop in my tracks and stare blankly at him from across the room. He sits in the dark green antique chair with a cocky smirk on his face. His ancle rests on his right knee while his arms are folded over his chest, this prick doesn't even bother to acknowledge me.  I take deep breaths trying to calm myself, "What the fuck are you doing here." I speak first, my question coming off more as a statement. My voice is low and monotoned as I show him no emotion whatsoever. I take another step towards him while he relaxes back into the chair. The only thing that stops me from kicking his ass is the fact that my mom would be furious if I got any blood on her antique chair.

"Now is that anyway to speak to your cousin?" he asks rhetorically. His eyes finally meet mine as a sadistic smirk is plastered on his face. My patiens is running thin and if he keeps testing me, I know I will snap. He stands up when I take another challenging step towards him. "Just relax baby cuz...you know why I am here, so lets just settle this." He continues to speak while circling around me. If this bitch honestly thinks he scares or threatens me, he is sadly mistaken. I fold my arms in front of me when he stands face to face with me. "You owe me, so where is it?" he growls in my face. I squint as I smell his harsh breath, full of liquor and cigarettes. He's about a foot smaller than me, which isn't very tall, considering I am about 5'10.

I look over his full image, his black hair spiked up in front and slicked back in the back. Black dress pants, and a button up dark blue shirt that remains loose on him and for some odd reason a pair of Nike running shoes. A half full bottle of Jack sits on the glass coffee table, he's always drunk, I can't remember a moment when he wasn't. Something is missing though... "You know I don't have it, so get the hell out of my house before I-"

"Before you what? Call the cops? Go ahead, I'd love to see how they handle this." he spits back. My heart rate begins to pick up as he pulls an average sized pocket knife out of his right pant pocket. And there it is, the one thing that he never leaves home without, other than his booz. He clicks the sliver button on the side, making the blade of the knife flick out. I stand there as stiff as a statue, hoping he doesn't make any rash decisions. He walks around to the side of me, softly gliding the cold blade against my neck. 

I think and act quickly, forcing my elbow back to connect harshly with his ribcage. I hurriedly grab his hand that holds the knife, and twist until his arm is behind his back and he is hunched over in front of me.

"No, before I kick your ass, and throw you out myself." I threaten him. I squeeze his wrist tighter, forcing him to drop the knife. Fear strikes his face for a split second as I release him and he stands up to face me. He rubs his wrist and glares at me through tired red eyes that are surrounded by dark cirlcles. Christian recovers from the previous incident and acts as if it had no affect on him. Ignoring my statement, he begins walking around my living room tauntingly, leaving a light trail of dirt with his shoes. 

"You know, it's funny how Karma works. It always comes back to get you, but never how you expect. Something terrible could happen to you, or even that pretty little girlfriend of yours." he states. I feel anger immediately course through my body. My hands ball up into fists until my knuckles are white. It takes everything in me to not beat the shit out of this prick. It's one thing to threaten me, but nobody, and I mean nobody , threatens her. 

"If you lay one hand on her, or hurt her in anyway. I swear to god I'll kill you." I bite back as I take another intimidating step, hovering over his short body. He smirks, as if he is enjoying the anger that radiates off of me. He must really want me to kill him. 

"Whether I touch her or not is completely up to you", he threatens. I don't know if it was the emence anger radiating of my body, or the strong adrenaline coursing through my vains. But whatever it was, caused me to tackle him to the ground, pinning him underneath me while I begin my assult on his face. I knew I had to stop but right as I would start to, I would remember the threats he made towards riley, which only fueled my anger. A few more forceful punches to his face was enough for me...for now at least. 

I pushed him down as I rose up off of him. He sad up with blood oozing from different parts of his face, and running down his neck, staining his shirt. That wasn't even the disturbing part, when chuckles of laughter escaped from his bloody mouth was when I realised who I was truly dealing with. "Welcome back cuz..." the psycho path growls. I don't respond or react in anyway, but walk over to my front door and open in it. He finally gets my fucking message and stumbles to his feet. Before leaving he stops in the middle of the doorway, "Just remember, paybacks a bitch."

I slam the door shut and pace back and forth in my house. Then it hits me, Riley. I waste no time to run over to her house. I force my way in and up to her room. I bang on the locked door and call out her name a couple of times before she finally opens it. "Kayden wha-?" I cut her off with forceful lips, I can tell she is shocked at first but soon adjusts. I bring her closer to me and wrap my arms around her tightly. Right here, right now, she is safe. I break the kiss and stare at her with wide eyes, if christian does one thing to her I swear...."Kayden!!" she yells snapping me back to reality. "What the hell is going on?!" her eyes are fillled with concern and worry.

She can't know about Christain, about what happened with Finn and that whole incident with the fucking cops. This is all his fault, he did this, and he is going to fix it. I give her my best fake smile, "I just really missed you.." I convince her, or at least try to. After I'm there for a few more minutes, I kiss her cheek and walk back to my house to get ready for our 'date'. I'll just have to pretend that nothing happened and everthing is okay. I will do what ever it takes to make her safe again.

A/N: I know it's been FOREVER!!! I'm sorry about the longggg wait for my update. Between, work, school, track, and chior, I barely have time to breathe. Thank you to everybody who has been so understanding about my hectic schedule, and I hope you enjoy this book. There are many more surprises to come in this book, I have a whole lot of stuff up my sleeve;) I hope you guys liked this chapter!! I love you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! xoxo-jade