Round 4: It Gets Harder the More You Touch It

Come on in, guys! Gettin' your first look at AngusEcrivain, comin' back from Exile Island.

AngusEcrivain, bodysurfing down a sandy dune on a giant tobacco plant, which is actually his own strain he discovered, developed and perfected while in isolation. Three hand-rolled fags dangle from various holes in his head, smoke puffing off their burning ends as he draws each breath. He's smoked many a strain over the years, and this is surely the best. He holds no ill will towards Reffster, the guy who got revenge on him. He's too buzzed off the 'baccy. Ecrivain's Specials are the shit.

Nice crop. Where'd you get it?

"Well," AngusEcrivain says, "there's not a lot to do on Exile, to be fair. Ended up doin' a veritable fuckload of meditation, thinkin' about how fuckin' much I wanted to hit a fag or two. Then pop—a fuckin' little 'baccy plant came out of thin air 'n' I nurtured it like my gorgeous hair. Wanna hit off the good shit, mate?"

Yeah, you know I'm gonna have to take that off of you for now—for legal reasons, of course...

And we're down to just six, plus whoever the hell is gonna come back from Redemption Island! Ready for your next challenge, SmackDowners? Soon, soon.

But first...

Drop those buffs, 'cause we're changin' things up once again!

The tribes are about to be shuffled!

The new Dudecore tribe is: AngusEcrivain, elveloy, and AllanFisher

The new Hermaphrodeity tribe is: sigrist, NimrodKirkpatrick, and Reffster

As in Round 3, both tribes will be doing different sub-genres with a mix of separate and shared prompts. Due to the number of dropouts we had last round, we'll be lengthening the amount of time you guys get to write this time.

DudecoreAngusEcrivain, elveloy, AllanFisher—you'll be doing Military SF.

We Earthlings, we're no stranger to war, are we? But how about war of the future, possibly with aliens or possibly without, with experimental technology and futuristic weaponry? How would that change the battlefield?

Hermaphrodeitysigrist, NimrodKirkpatrick, Reffster—you guys are doing Zombie SF.

Ever seen The Walking Dead? I actually haven't—I know, I know. But we all know what zombies are. To make this more fun, this is science-fiction zombies. So bust out your blaster rifles and nano-swords!

Prompts will be down at the bottom of this part.

Word counts for both tribes are the same: 3,000–3,500 words.

Wanna know what you're playin' for?

There will be one loser from each tribe—whoever scores the lowest on each tribe—and both will be sent to Redemption Island, where they'll have to compete against bloodsword, the winner-by-default of the second Redemption "Duel." This third duel, however, will be the final duel, which means whoever wins it will come back into the game at the start of Round 5.