Round 3: Operation Clusterfunk

Come on in, guys! Gettin' your first look at Reffster, comin' back from Exile Island.

Reffster, moonwalking in with a permanent smirk on his stubbled face, stops when he sees AngusEcrivain—the man who sent him to the land of isolation, Exile Island. Glaring at the bearded man, who simply takes a drag off his cigarette and immediately rolls up another with nimble fingers, his eyes vow to get his revenge. And it will be absolute.

It's rough out there, isn't it, Reff?

"Rougher than a randy wench on wieners-and-buns night at the local swingers club," Reffster replies. "But I rocked it like a hurricane, and I'm ready to fight my way to the finish line, pedal to the metal, full-octane, no holds barred. My head's on the chopping block, I know, but my resolve is true and my will is pure. You've unleashed the beast, friends and neighbours, and he's got wings. Oh, and fuck you, AngusEcrivain."

I think I just felt a tear roll down my cheek.

Ready for your next challenge, SmackDowners? As in Round 2, both tribes will be doing different sub-genres with a mix of separate and shared prompts. However, as you'll soon see, the training wheels from Round 2 are coming off. This ain't your grandmother's SmackDown anymore, folks.

DudecoreAngusEcrivain, sigrist, jewel1307, elveloy—you'll be doing DreamPunk.

I saw this term being used recently and thought: Yeah, we're doing it for SD:MMR. So here we are. You veteran SmackDowners will be doing DreamPunk for Round 3. Don't know what DreamPunk is? Join the club. DreamPunk, contrary to the name, doesn't necessarily have to involve dreams. They can also be visions, drug-induced or otherwise. DreamPunk is surreal sci-fi. To use a word the kids are saying while they take turns huffing a bottle of jenkem and blowing smoke up each other's asses: DreamPunk is "trippy." But it can be more than that, too—it can make you think. Think David Lynch doing science fiction. Alternatively, think some of Philip K. Dick's books and stories.

HermaphrodeityH-A-Spade, NimrodKirkpatrick, Reffster, AllanFisher—you guys are doing Superhuman SF.

After learning that Marvel and DC apparently have a legal lock on the term "superhero," I came up with a lame word to get past that firewall. You'll see it as one of your prompts. After coming up with such a lame word, I immediately knew you guys would have to write within this sub-genre for Round 3. Superhuman SF is science fiction with superpowers or superhuman abilities. These can come through whatever science-y means you can imagine, whether it be radiation or genetic manipulation or alien interference, or whatever.

Prompts will be down at the bottom of this part.

Word counts for both tribes are the same: 3,000–3,500 words.

Wanna know what you're playin' for?

There will be one loser from each tribe—whoever scores the lowest on each tribe—and both will be sent to Redemption Island, where they'll have to compete against the winner of the first Redemption Duel.