Part 7

Soon we were all dressed up in our sleek air drop armor. Mine was a bright golden color and Sulu looked like the white ninja. Olson, who I found was a Scottish man wore a red version. I ran my hands over all my supplies. Belt. Harnes. Chute. Helmet.

The helmet was a snug fit and smelt like dry plastic. But it provided me information and a height monitor. I inhaled deeply as I calmed my nerves. I had done some crazy things before but skydiving in space was a new one.

I sat with the other two men inside the very same shuttle Pike was in. While he was flying himself "Alone" towards the Narada he would drop us half way. From there we would land on the platform that was a part of the drill and figure out a way to dismantle it with explosives that were kept with Olson. Then we would be beamed back to the Enterprise.

I sat across from Olson and beside Sulu. Olson was smiling like he was just going on a ski trip. " You ready?" I asked curiously. " Hell yeah, I can't wait to kick some Romulan ass" Olson replied with a creepy grin and I arched a brow. Ok, maybe he wasn't mentally stable but he was mentally engaged.

"So what kinda combat training d'you have?" I asked and put my hands on my shoulder straps. Just inches from my chute pull. " Fencing" Sulu replied with a proud tone. I nodded with a small smile but it was kind of lame. I thought maybe he was like a Karate black belt guy like Samurai Jack or something. ( Don't be trigger, it's not racial profiling).

Well I'm drop shooting into a mission with a crazy Scottish guy and a guy who knows how to fence. Not my first picks if I had been able to choose but oh well. Can't do much about it now I though abs Pike lifted up out of the bay and into Space.

" I'll be dropping you guys in 3.... 2..... 1" Pike counted down and just like that we were flying. I breathed deeply as we fell and the air whooshed by loudly. We kept to a tight formation using our legs to steer as the slightest movement changed our direction. I felt adrenaline pump through my veins at a fast rate and my heart rate excerpted ten fold.

" Breaking through the stratosphere" Sulu announced as I looked at the digital speedometer that appeared on the inside of my helmet. We were traveling at a speed of 150 miles and hour. The height meter was rapidly dropping as we a proceed our target.

"15,000 meters" Sulu stated as I felt blood rush to my head. " Wooooooahaaaaaa Aaaaaaaa!!!" Olson exclaimed randomly beside me and he seemed room be enjoying himself way too much. What a nutter.

I could see the platform now. It was tiny from up here and I wondered how on earth I supposed to land on that. Underneath it was a plasma drill that was trying to reach the core of Vulcan. What for? I have no idea.

"8,000 meters" Sulu announced and I made sure my hand was close to press my chute. The platform was getting bigger now as I glanced at my height meter "4,000 meters" I said and it rapidly dropped. My head pounding as more blood rushed to my temples and a loud ringing hit my ears.

" Pulling my chute!" Sulu yelled and pulled it and he was immediately pulled back. I quickly followed and felt an intense force pull me back and grunted in surprise. That was seriously going to leave bruises in the morning.

However, Olson zoomed right past us. "2000 meters!" He yelled maniacally. He was running out of time! " Pull your chute Olson!" I ordered but he didn't listen.

" 1000 meters!" Olson exclaimed and laughed like a psycho. How was this guy our head engineer? " Pull it!" Sulu commanded but he didn't listen. God he was going to get himself killed.

" Pulling now!" Olson yelled and it must have only been at maybe 200 meters and his chute wasn't able able to save him. His body banged savagely upon the platform with a loud thump. He was for sure dead on contact. The his chute that flowed widely got caught in the plasma blast underneath the platform and he got sucked into it. Jesus....