Part 5

I walked quickly with Bones as we entered the Starfleet hanger. Dozens upon dozens of shuttles were stationed to bring us to the Starships. They were located right outside of Earth. It was far to difficult to try and get them through the ozone layer all the time.

I breathed deeply as I stood beside Bones and a short woman with black hair as we waited in a crowd for our stations to be announced. In other words,we awaited to find which ship we had been assigned. My personal dream was to be on the Enterprise, the crown jewel. With Pike. But I didn't think he would want to see me right now anyway.

A male barracks leader in a black uniform spoke loudly aS we all listened " Blake! U.S.S. Newton!Jaxa! The U.S.S. Endeavor! Counter! U.S.S. Odyssey! T'nag! The U.S.S. Antares! Pomoroy! The U.S.S. Odyssey! U.S.S. Farragut! McGrath!Leifer! U.S.S. Newton! U.S.S. Wolcott! McCoy! U.S.S. Enterprise. Welcome to the ranks of Starfleet. Godspeed!" The barracks master finished in A loud voice. My name hadn't been called....

I furrowed my eyebrows and approached the barracks leader who was all thin man with a long nose. " Sir, you didn't call my name" I said and he turned to me absently. In his hands was a tech pad that he tapped on continuously " You're on academic probation. That means you're grounded until the Academy Board rules" The man explained and I was shocked. The first time all my class of cadets would venture into space and I wasn't going to be a part of it?

It was like someone just stomped on my stomach. " Jai, the Board Will rule in your favor. Most likely" Bones ensured and I half smiled but couldn't shake the unhappy feeling. "Look Jailee, I got to go" Bones said and I nodded as he patted my shoulder.

" I'll see you later" I replied and we walked away. I turned to walk away but, where was I supposed to go? A criss cross of cadets all walked past me and each had their new job. I felt almost torn.

Suddenly a hand bragged my arm and I saw it was Bones " Bones what are y- Just come with me" Bones cut off as he took me to some sort of medic shuttle. He hurriedly set me on a medical table and I looked at him like her was nuts " Bones what is going on?" I asked as he searched through a cannot and pulled out a syringe.

" Doing you a favor. I couldn't just leave you there, looking all pitiful-- roll up your sleeve, I'm gonna give you a vaccine against viral infection from Melvern mud fleas" Bones explained and stuck the syringe in to my arm.

" Ow! What for?" I asked as I pulled my arm in towards my body and away from the mad doctor. " To give you symptoms" Bones replied.

" I don't understand" I said back as my eyes suddenly went very fuzzy. Specifically my left one. I tried to stand but stumbled and Bone quickly righted me. " You may begin to lose sight in your left eye" Bone informed me.

" Already am" I said back as I blinked and felt my head begin to pound. How is giving me the symptoms to mud fleas going to make things better!

" You're gonna get a really bad headache and your ear may start ringing" Bones told me and just as he said that a buzzing kind of sound emitted from some unknown source. My head ached even worse as I rubbed my temples " This this is a favor!?!" I asked exasperated.

" Yea you owe me" Bones told me and helped me to my feet with one arm wrapped around me. Owe him? That's bull. He ushered me out of the medic hut and towards a transport shuttle. My feet stumbled awkwardly and a few people gave us odd stares. Once we stopped I groaned in pain as my temples threaten to burst. " Jailee, Kirk T. Is not listed for this shuttle" an officer standing at the doorway claimed.

But Bones was on a roll. "But I am, and Medical Code states the treatment and transport of a patient's to be determined at the discretion of her attending physician, which is me. You can see she is suffering, she needs me as her doctor, so since I'm assigned this ship, so's she, or would you like to explain to Captain Pike why the Enterprise warped into a crisis without one of its medical officers?" Bones protested in a very fast manner. So that was his clever plan? To smuggle me on board under the guise of being morbidly sick? Well it was smart, but I sucked for me at the moment!