16° I Can't Look Away

"Ryan says he wants to be my friend!" I told sir, as we drove home.

"Really?" He laughed.

"Mhm!" I told him. "He's super nice!"

"Yeah? I knew you'd like him."

"Uh huh! He's great!"

Sir laughed. "Yeah, he's a sweet kid."

"You put musics on?" I asked.

He nodded, pressing one of the buttons. A song started to play, and he started to sing along. I didn't know the song, but it sounded good.

"The stars that pierce the sky
He left them all behind
We're left to wonder why
He left us all behind
Hey Miss Murder, can I
Hey Miss Murder, can-" Sir stopped singing, looking out the back window.

Sir seemed to speed up, and then slow down again.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled.

I looked too, and there was someone in a big truck next to us. The person came closer, and sir tried to move out of the way.

"What's happenin'?" I asked, pulling on his sleeve.

"I don't know." He said, quickly turning the wheel to the side.

I felt something hit us, and my head hit the window. I heard glass shatter around me, and I let out a loud scream as I felt it cut open my face and arms. I felt my body hit against all sides of the car. It hurt so much. I couldn't tell what was happening, but things exploded around me, burning my body. My side was slammed into the door, and I felt blood run down my face. I tried to look around me, but everything was going so fast. It was a blur. The seatbelt tightened on my neck, and cut off my breathing. I tried to lift my arms to pull it away, but I couldn't move. Everything finally stopped moving, and I looked around. Everything was upside down. I was upside down.

I looked at the floor...well it was the roof of the car, really, and saw that there was blood and glass all around me. I reached out for sir, not finding him. Where was he? I couldn't turn my head enough to look for him.

The big window in the front of the car was broken too. There were trees around me, but I didn't know where I was. My head was pounding, and my body ached. I cried for sir, but my voice barely came out. I couldn't even bend my one arm, and breathing hurt. My sides stung like I was being burned.

I looked to the roof of the car beneath me, seeing blood drip onto it. That was my blood. It had to be.

I don't know how long I was here, but eventually I heard loud sirens that just kept getting closer and closer. I heard footsteps and a voice.

"Chris?!"

Who was that? Who was yelling? Someone came close to the car, squatting down by the window.

"Chris?"

He looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out who he was.

"Holy shit..." He said. "Chris, can you hear me? Do you know who I am?"

I weakly shook my head.

"It's Ricky, Chris. You and Mike were in a really bad accident. The paramedics are on the way."

How did Rick know where we were? Where was sir?

"Mike is on the side of the road. He was thrown out of the car. Are you alright?"

I shook my head again.

"Alright. It'll be okay, sweetie. They'll be here soon." He said.

I let out a small whimper. I wanted to go home. I wanted sir to be here to cuddle me.